A mist/cloud effect with some depth

Keep images no larger than 800 pixels tall or wide

I think the problem, Visual, is that even though the tutorial is intended to teach about layers, it is right on the border of being a technique "everyone can learn by fiddling with effects" and/or reading the help file.

~=Things to correct=~

Clarification on the colors in step 1: transparency of the secondary color needs to be set to 0

Magic wand step: click on the empty space with magic wand, then invert the selection

What is "adjust the contrast to get the same effect to the top layer only" supposed to mean?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I actually do take offense at that comment, Visual.

First, I pointed out the image size rule so that you could fix it (by linking to the image) without the moderators coming in to lock it.

Then, said that the negative comments were a result of a hazy line in the forum rules.

Lastly, I pointed out a few errors in the tutorial, not because I wanted to put you down, but because, without those corrections, someone new to paint.net would be completely unable to follow the tutorial.

In no way did I say the tutorial was unworthy to the forum...In fact, upon reading it, I opened up paint.net and explored the technique myself. I was not complaining, I was merely giving suggestions to help you make the tutorial better.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Is this tutorial going to resurface or do I lock it?

E, I hope you just delete the whole thread. I want to say a few unkind words, but that will impact others that I work with.

I'm disappointed in people who feel the need to write bad things, when others who need some help will get nothing. If you don't think something will help you, then why say anything? Just troll away welsh. You wouldn't say anything that you can write hear in my presence.

This is ridiculous.

@Visual - you're being overly sensitive. Welshy made a comment and offered an opinion. If you can't handle critique don't post a tutorial (see the Tutorial Posting Guidelines, item #11 )

<locked & moved out of the tutorial section>