Cant Install

Mosh

Hello. Previously I had paint.net and it worked fine. I deleted it a couple months after, not sure why. I loved the program. Easy to use, and worked flawlessly. However, now when I download it, i cannot even run the installer! I get an error report, and thats it. Help please.

Also i cannot uninstall it and get this message:

pdncrashru4.jpg

Here is the error report thing that pops up:

pdncrash1dn8.jpg

Also a document shows on my desktop that is "pdncrash", and its here:

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Exception while gathering app and system info: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

File name: 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.get_ProductVersion()

at PaintDotNet.Startup.UnhandledException(Exception ex)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Exception details:

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

File name: 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

at PaintDotNet.Startup.Start()

at PaintDotNet.Startup.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you read:

[Are you having problems Installing or Uninstalling?]

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=854

SUCCESS!! Thanks you, Bob

3) Error number "80040005", or other errors that display before you see the setup wizard with the Paint.NET logo

We've seen some systems that have fixed this by doing a "repair" of .NET itself. To do this, go to the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Find "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0" in the list, and click on it. Next, click on the "Change / Remove" button that is now shown. Then click on the "Repair" radio button, and then click Next and follow any other directions that come up. Lastly, try installing Paint.NET again.

^ Has done it!