Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Logo/ Banner Challenge Discussion thread

Ironically my problem is not the creation of the planet or stars but to come up with a design for the banner.  :P 

I`ll have to get my thinking cap on.

LBC #30's space themed challenge is one I might enter although judging by some of the space siggy's I've seen you guys make, I don't stand a chance lo

Go ahead give it a shot.   You never know your effort may surprise you. 

Cc4 that is pretty close to it. I think this is what I did...

I copied  this tute to the part where it says to do the emboss - that gave me an error to restart the program. I didn't :D

Then I ran clipwarp with this image

I don't recall what the setting were but I think I used Pinch all the way & I did use Smoothing all the way...slow

Somewhere along the line I kept a copy of the text & I think I may have run a Bevel Selection on it. 

Time was short & what didn't work I undid or deleted the layer. 

Layer blend modes were also used & I am pretty sure that Additive was one. 

I had a lot of layers & didn't name any, so hard for me to know what I did.

At the end I cut out the part of the image that was not part of the text. I merged the text layers down & then ran Trail with the fade off.

Sorry but that is the most I can remember. It will give you a start at least...

If I can work out what I did I will make it into a tute - or if anyone else can work it out - please DO write it up as a tute :D

Well, since I've been gone from my PC a lot more lately, getting into the competitions has been harder. I'm happy I was able to squeeze into this Tech theme, it is a cool idea. :)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Maybe. I'm sure the host has just been busy though. I know I was busy for a few weeks to where I missed out on some siggy comps. And I'll probably be busy again next week. It's summer here, so the time spent on my PC might end up going down a little. lol

Daniels?  Daniels?  hummm getsmileyCAMPQHPO.gif  sounds familiar ..... 7598187f.gif

BUT seriously;

School is a good reason, thats most important.  So keep at it; it will pay dividends in your future, in ways unknowable this time  getsmileyCA01OWOH.gif

• Upvote 1

Went to some considerable effort to create an image for LOTW, posted it up, hit POST & moved on to other tabs. Closed down the lot without checking the post actually did get posted as I saw it in the preview. 

Note to other contestants & self: always check that the post really did get posted. 

I will post up my entry in my gallery once the voting is over. Such yummy entries :D

No, CC, I was just happy to be able to meet the brief. Really just a rant & a warning to make sure that your post really does go through with things like entries. There have been some issues with the board just recently. 

Hey all. Just wanted to give you a heads-up about the competition. The day entries are due has changed...again... :grin: The time will remain the same (Midnight EST), but the day is now Saturday. I'm doing this mostly so I can keep on top of the competitions a little better so you all don't have to wait on me. I apologize for not being the best host in the world, but this should help. A lot. Thanks for your patience :)

• Upvote 2

Absolutley no problem and thank you SO much for the hosting - doesn't matter if you are late from time-to-time - I'm sure others will agree ;) .  It's so nice to have you doing this - have a pizza and some beer as my thanks :pizza::beer: .

Hey, folks. Due to a low turnout this round, I'm going to extend the deadline another week. Hopefully some others will find some inspiration and join the party  :bertie: