Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Logo/ Banner Challenge Discussion thread

Perhaps this is a good time to use stock images or photos? Oceana, I am out of ideas a bit for this one too. This will be one of those comps where you have to think & experiment more than ever :D If all else fails, Google images for runners, running etc for inspiration :D

I've got an idea ... but not sure if some will find it offensive

.. but then, when has that ever stopped me :lol:

Edited by welshblue

Yeah, a bit of a tough one...but, that's what I got from Vexes. If it helps, I can try to find some examples from some of the foot races near where I live. We have some themed runs...

Perhaps this is a good time to use stock images or photos? Oceana, I am out of ideas a bit for this one too. This will be one of those comps where you have to think & experiment more than ever :D If all else fails, Google images for runners, running etc for inspiration :D

I remember this discussion / debate about using stocks back here Challenge #4  It lead to some of us changing our entries. 

• Upvote 1

I've got an idea ... but not sure if some will find it offensive

.. but then, when has that ever stopped me :lol:

Never, in this lifetime9aa6f69c.gif

• Upvote 1

OK, folks, voting is up, but I may ask you guys if it's ok to add in a (sort-of) late entry. I accidentally had the topic set to lock too early, and the member I'm referring to may have tried to enter during that time, but was unable. I'm still waiting to hear back from that person, so in the mean time, proceed as usual. I apologize for my carelessness.

Not understanding how you system is set up, I would offer and place the person an entry into the next  challenge.

The voting is up you said, so it seems, to me, that the current challengers votes would be diminished in value.

This could cause some of those who voted for the current challenges to perhaps wish 

to change their vote and so the current leader could be replaced after following the rules. Seems to be bad president,to me  

As an old man said "I see no good  a commin' outa this; only a grand sorrow" meditate2_zps4f3b17a1.gif

You make a valid point, Scooter. I'm mostly just trying to be fair... of course, "fair" is subjective. The last thing I want to do here is alienate anyone. If there are other objections, feel free to voice them. That's what this board is here for.

Your font is "Dragon-is-coming". She might be, but according to your Lawyer - she's getting nothing :mrgreen:

A play on the joke - What do a woman and a tornado have in common ?  ;)

*** Answer only suitable for those over 18 and those not easily offended ***

Hidden Content:
They both scream like hell when they're coming and both take the house when they leave
  • Upvote 2

Never drank wine in my whole life,no idea at all what to make,so no entry from me on this one. Other than a few commercials on the TV my knowledge of wines is nill. Good luck to the others.

LBC #30's space themed challenge is one I might enter although judging by some of the space siggy's I've seen you guys make, I don't stand a chance lol.

Every entery always makes the contest better. :)

Also, if you want, you can check out some of the space tutorials over in the tutorial section of the forums.

Strascape : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15887-starscapes/

Making a Moon : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27568-making-a-moon/

Sun Tutorial : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/17644-sun-tutorial/

Planet Tutorial : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/16082-100-paintnet-planet-tutorial/

This page has several planet tutorials : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27549-planet-tutorials-lighting-close-up-gas-giants/

There are plenty of other space/planet tutorials too, so explore and have fun! :)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 2