Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Logo/ Banner Challenge Discussion thread

It's a conspiracy !!

I've got to admit the spelling of Bartar is off putting to me as a Spelling Nazi

I like that entry in question, simple and to the point ... and colours will always be a personal preference.

I'm bottom of the pile and I'm not moaning ... (and fair play to the 2 voters who get the humour ...)

Edited by welshblue
  • Upvote 1

I've got to admit the spelling of Bartar is off putting to me as a Spelling Nazi

Ok, I admit I was a little harsh and conclusive in my post. I'll think before I type next time :glum:. Point still stands though... I was suspicious of illegitimate votes and nobody's argued against that yet.

As for the misspelling of 'barter', it was intentional. Deliberate. It was a way of making it more original and unique. A gimmick, per se. 

Maybe it wasn't obvious enough which is clearly a flaw in the design. If I were to do it again I would fix that.

As a Grammar/Spelling Nazi myself I can understand your pain, brother.  :smile:

They are legit votes Reblogo,it's just the way voting goes around here. I also have gotten myself in hot water talking about the voting,lol. If you add too much to your entry,then it's too busy. If you don't add enough,it's too plain. Depends on which week we are in,lol

It's just like an election guys - if the voter likes what they see they put their X. Simple as that

Being disparaging about an entry (which has been apologised for) or mocking the voters isn't the way to make friends and influence people

Let's not forget it's all a bit of F U N

Edited by welshblue
  • Upvote 1

Perfect example,the Antique store entry is winning the Jewelry store comp,lol     ;)

Ahhh but Talisman Antiques only sells vintage and antique jewellery.

Daniels is always free to exclude it. pmsl @ it all

• Upvote 2

That is where the difference in voting is. In the U.S. antique stores sell antiques and jewelry stores sell jewelry. Many things are different from one side of the world to the other,including people's tastes. Europeans have a more refined and elegant taste in things while Americans are cowboys and go for the strange and weird things. 

I am not trying to put anyone down with these posts. I have just been trying to figure out why the voting goes the way it does and may have hit the nail on the head.

Actually I take offence at being classed as a European. I am English. 

Plus I don't think it is only people from this side of the world who vote.

I'm a mongrel - Half Welsh Half Ingerlish and I vote by - Does it capture my imagination/ sense of humour.  Is it well made (on experience levels)

I honestly think you're reading too much into it all skullbonz.  

We're all winners because every competition we all improve and get to see some eye candy

As for elegant and refined ... hell, I definitely fall into the strange and weird category.  And that's just the opinion my kids have of me 

Good on you Skullbonz, you have just left out the entire southern hemisphere. Your post is coming across as a flame & I can see from the responses you are ticking off a few people.

I'm German born & bred but choose to live in the land of plenty - which now has a whole new meaning ;) 

In this country our antique stores sell anything that is old which includes jewellery that has been previously owned. Personally, I prefer old jewellery. 

I whole hearted agree with Lloyd & WelshBlue on their summation of the voting issue. I even agree with WB's elegant & refined - definitely not me but my hubby, bless his little cotton socks, thinks I am a lady

Any more disparaging remarks on entries & someone will get a warning point. This meant to be fun. 

We have a new release out - VERSION 4.0 is available! Go & make good use of it!

Geesh,sorry I brought the subject up to begin with,or when someone else did I am sorry I commented. I did say every time that I wasn't trying to get anybody mad just trying to figure it out and now it appears I have started WW3.  I don't see anywhere that I flamed anyone. My keyboard is unplugged when I enter this forum from now on if I do come back.

Be calm.

(That wasn't a suggestion it was an order).  

I don't think Skullbonz meant any offence by the comment and I don't think anyone really took offence.  We are having a discussion on voting demographics and a few hemispherical generalizations were tossed around.  So what?  We're all friends here.  Let that continue....

Actually if we come from the continent of Europe (Russia - Greenland, Norway - Spain) then we are European.  And within that, we all have our own nationalities, obviously.

I am English (born) and an American Resident (green card) so consider myself to be from both countries.  However, I doubt in the context of voting in the competitions, that my vote is ever based upon where I come from.  Prettiest, smoothest, glossiest, simplest, cleanest and sharpest, or cutest, is usually the vote that gets the tick from me.

Happy voting everyone and keep the comps going as they are fun.  May the best man/woman win smiley-rpg014.gif  

Edited by Pixey

Hello, Englishmen, Germans, Mongrels, Turks, Chinese, Dutchmen. 

I'm an inhabitant of planet Earth belonging to the species of 'Homo Sapiens Sapiens'.

Further scientific information:

Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Order: Therapsida Class: Mammalia Order: Primates Family: Hominidae Tribe: Hominini Genus: Homo Species: H. sapiens

I didn't see any 'Homo Sapiens Sapiens Hollandus' or 'Americanus' or 'Britannia or '[fill in random nationality with a Roman suffix]'. So what's the fuss about?? >.<

Hi All! 

I,  am not /am/otherwise , offended/cheered/disturbed, by all the, accusations/flaming/ calm assertiveness, brought to light/shoved down my throat/ quietly input,

here in the forum

I am unanimous in this........I think

4346fefe.gif

• Upvote 2

Hey, SAND33P, have you finished your entry yet? I'm still seeing what looks like two individual images, and the deadline is drawing near.

For some reason I can't post to congratulate the winners in Logo #93.  Sorry I'm late, but am travelling.  Hearty congratulations to Helen on her Admin Logo win ..... very cute entry indeed.  And congratulations too to the runners up too.  Great entries :)

For some reason I can't post to congratulate the winners in Logo #93.  Sorry I'm late, but am travelling.  Hearty congratulations to Helen on her Admin Logo win ..... very cute entry indeed.  And congratulations too to the runners up too.  Great entries :)

It was a sig of the week comp Pixey. Not a logo ;)

How do I post images? I have a nice logo and I can't figure out how to post it

EDIT: Figured it out :D

EDIT #2: Just realized I had to post this in the discussion thread so sorry, I don't know how to delete posts.

Edited by Vexes

Hey folks, just to let you know: I've decided to change the day entries and votes are due back to a Sunday. I've been forgetting to take care of them on Saturdays, and I usually remember on the Sunday anyway. Also check the time. I've extended it to 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (04:59 Monday in UK Time). This change will help keep me on track a little better. If it doesn't work out, I can change it back to what we're used to.

Thanks.