Wall light reflection

Fig.2.bmpFig.1.bmpHello friends Paint.Net

I would appreciate your help to do the following with Paint.Net.

I have a texture Fig.1 wall of a building and would like to put a reflection of light from a street lamp as shown in Fig.2 and not as

do with Paint.Net.

I hope your comments and forgive my English that is translated with Google.

Thanks in advance for your ayuda.Saludos

Andres 462

Hola amigos de Paint.Net

Agradeceria vuestra ayuda para poder realizar lo siguiente con Paint.Net.

Tengo una textura de la pared de un edificio Fig.1 y quisiera ponerle un reflejo de luz de una farola como se ve en la Fig.2 y no se como

hacerlo con Paint.Net.

Espero de vuestros comentarios y perdonar mi ingleS que es traducido con Google.

Gracias de antemano por vuestra ayuda.Saludos

Andres 462

Edited by andres462

I'm going to try and give you some hints to help you get started:

1. Open Fig1 in Paint.NET

2. Add a new layer :AddNewLayer:

3. Select the Paint Bucket tool :PaintBucket: and left click in the new layer to fill it with black.

4. Open Layer Properties (press F4) and lower the Opacity to around 174.

5. Activate the Rectangle select tool :RectangleSelectTool: and drag out a square selection (hold down the Shift key = forces the selection to be square)

6. Press the M key twice - or select the Move Selection tool :MoveSelectionTool: right click and drag with the shift key held down to rotate the selection 45 degrees.

7. With the selection still active, activate the Gradient tool :GradientTool:

8. Expand the Colors Window (Click More button). Lower the transparency (of the Primary color = black) to around 12.

9. Right click at the top of the selection and drag downwards. The selection should fade from white to virtually transparent. Stop dragging 1/2 of the way down the selection.

You should end up with something like this:

yhsjjie-80.png

That at least will give you something to build ideas on.

Hello Ego Eram

Thanks for the info, I've done step by step explanation with his excellent result, congratulations and thanks for your help.

Could be interesting to have an oval shape with gradient regulation point to create light effect in both wall and floor, and see Fig_3 Fig_4.

From here to whom the request that if possible this improvement is taken into account to perform this type of effect as is done with Photoshop.

My thanks to Ego and Paint.Net team for their work.

Thanks Andres 462

post-80311-0-46526900-1350501513_thumb.j

post-80311-0-43997200-1350501554_thumb.j

You can use any of the selection tools to create the shape. The Ellipse select tool :EllipseSelectTool: will make the oval shape you discussed.

Hello yellowman

Fantastic the procedure for these lights, thank you very much for the two tutorials and the time spent, by both Ego and Yellowman for their help to make this wonderful program Paint.Net, these light textures, works perfectly.

Receive my greetings and thanks.

Andres 462

Great explanation Yellowman!

• Upvote 1

Hello Yellowman

As the companion asked, as I can send the tutorial, so you put your name and add whatever you think most convenient.

Thank you very much on behalf of the group in great tutorial, I also will send to Ego which is also performed to insert in the tutorials if it thinks fit.

Thank you both for your help greetings

Andres 462

+ my vote. As far as I'm aware, we're lacking anything in this vein.

Hello Yellowman

As the companion asked, as I can send the tutorial, so you put your name and add whatever you think most convenient.

Thank you very much on behalf of the group in great tutorial, I also will send to Ego which is also performed to insert in the tutorials if it thinks fit.

Thank you both for your help greetings

Andres 462

As I understood, you like to do a tutorial for this kind of light effect, am I right? If yes then go a head if you like just add my name at the end,

And you can get some more information on both effects, the conical and the oval shapes in this video:

Edited by yellowman

Hello Yellowman

Fantastic, Congratulations! , Performed by the video tutorial and very complete especially for those reflections of lights that serve to make textures for Flight Simulator airports.

Thank you very much for the contribution and the time taken to do this work

Okay ... Great ...

Can you tell me how I can upload the file Paint.net tutorial 1.18 Mb WORD format to print, I am new to this topic is not the procedure ... thanks.

Andres 462

It is better to convert it to PDF format then upload it to a hosting site that accepts PDF files, like ImageShack, then copy the link and post it to the forum.

Or if you want to present it directly to the tutorial section, then you need to upload all the images to a hosting site ( like Photobucket or Imageshack, then replace every image in Word file by its corresponding link. After that post it in the forum by selecting all the document, copy it and paste as any regular text in the post reply procedure of the forum.

You can attach PDF files directly to your posts.

Hola

Os envio adjunto con los dos PDF´s para quien desee tenerlo imprimido, aunque los trabajos de Ego y yellowman, estan muy bien presentados y explicados.

Saludos y muchas gracias por la ayuda recibida.

I can not upload the PDF of yellowman file that exceeds the size accepted by the forum

Andres 462

REFLEJO DE LUZ EN PARED_2.pdf

Edited by andres462