Mastering Paint.NET - ebook

Ego Eram Reputo

"Mastering Paint.NET 3.5.10" had a long gestation and was a difficult birth :(

Originally I wanted to update the book when v4.0 came out. However, as the release date for v4.0 approaches my circumstances have not changed sufficiently to allow me to spend the vast amount of time required to update the book.

It IS on my wish list. But then, so is space travel :D

If it had been a best seller I might have been more motivated to invest a slice of my life in the project.

• 1 month later...

You can get a copy directly from me.  Send me your email address in a PM & I'll explain the process.

I don't read allot on the computer since it makes my eyes wet after a while, (also why I work less on it and things take longer)

and those small IOS/Android phones, I don't have them since i can't read anything of them text too small.

Interesting to know there's someone else around here who is (sorta) where I'm at!

The difference is that I'm beyond the point of wet-eyes.

That was in my past.

At this time, they're way more parched than they're wet. :roll:

I too prefer paper (never owned kindle)

and preferably no more than, say, 40 pages geared to basics such as logo's and posters.

...and, yea, bumper stickers ;)

The majority of the world don't understand us old fogies with sensitivities.

It's why they're not rushing to make Chemical-free, ZeroBacklight LARGE tablets.

Sorta like Fit-PC2 coupled with Larger Pixel-Qi displays (and chemical free)

With all that, I've no doubt the book must be fantastically well-written, given the numerous concisely-informative responses by Scott on these forums!

Edited by minni

I'm most comfortable with Advocates of Transparent RepairCare (vs. Stealthcare) no matter their graphic expertise.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yes, I know, I will support you, come on! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by victoire

• 4 weeks later...

I got an Amazon account when I ordered my gaming mouse, so I used it to buy a copy. This book is (to quote Sonic) "way past cool". Thanks for writing!

76561198056079309.png

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/glitchmaster225/

“If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.”

Steven Wright

Thank you! I'm very pleased you have enjoyed it so much :D

• 7 months later...

No I'm not.

I really would love to do it but the amount of time such a project would demand puts me off.

This first book took nine months of my life :shock: I was notably neglectful of my partner throughout a lot of that time. Especially toward the end :( I'm very proud of the book. Not proud of the way I handled my relationship.

Sales have been.... steady. On a per/hour basis I'd have had a more profitable career begging for small change :lol: I realized this would be the case. I'm realistic.

Mastering Paint.Net was a wonderful learning experience for me. Researching it turbocharged my knowledge of paint.net.

As I said, I'm proud of the book. I'm sure all first time writers feel this way. Perhaps if my life changed significantly there would be time for another book. I'm not sure if such a change would be welcome or not :D

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You can buy a copy direct from me (the author).

I'll send you a PM (Private Message) with the details.

I want to buy it directly from you too. Probably few cents cheaper than Amazon where you have to fork out some commission to them.

Pls PM me too how to go from here...

BTW, I just downloaded version 4 of Paint.net, but your book talks of previous version 3.5 some.

Any issues therein?

Thanks for the inquiry cashpat. My book will be the same price however you purchase it. If you can use Amazon I recommend doing so.

The ebook is nearly four years old and was written for paint.net 3.5. Many new features have been introduced in paint.net 4, however the core aspects remain consistent between the two. If you know one version you should have no problem applying your knowledge to the other.

• 1 year later...

I just got Mastering Pdn online. I've only read a bit of it so far but already discovered many things of which I was ignorant. 

I'm sure it will prove very useful. I should have checked it out years ago but I tend to do things back to front.

Very reasonable price for a very handy bit of work.

Tuvm and Good onya ERR.

• Upvote 2

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

You are most welcome Rickhum. I'm glad my book is proving a useful resource for you :)

• 1 month later...

Being a total newbie to Paint.net I am delighted to find this topic. Since I own a Kindle I will be for sure visiting Amazon and looking to purchase this book. Thank you for t he effort it took to do this.:D

HA just went and bought it...can't wait to start reading it.

Edited by Shahdo
added information

I hope you enjoy reading it Shahdo. I'm honored your first post here is about my book.

Welcome to the forum!

• 6 months later...

Is the book still relevant with the current version of PDN? If not, is there the potential for an updated edition anytime soon?

Total hack.

Much of it is still relevant, yes. Paint.net has certainly changed in the last few years.

I have no plans to update it, sadly. I wish I could afford the time. You'll find a lot of my writing in the online documentation https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/. This does get updated frequently.

• 2 months later...

You're welcome Richard. Thanks for the kind words.

Gee - it's been almost six years since I published Mastering Paint.NET. Where has the time gone??

I hear you Weshy. I sometimes do this when looking at the old guy in the mirror: ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/9/2012 at 6:05, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Algunos de ustedes sabrán que he estado escribiendo un libro en Paint.NET. Bueno, finalmente está aquí ...

Mastering_Paint_Dot_NET_Cover_half_size.

He escrito este libro para principiantes hasta usuarios avanzados. Espero que Mastering Paint.NET 3.5.10 sea la guía definitiva para nuestro querido editor de imágenes.

Es una referencia completa a cada característica, matiz, herramienta, filtro y efecto que se encuentra en Paint.NET. Son casi 400 páginas de Word con cientos de imágenes en color, consejos, explicaciones detalladas, sugerencias y guías de instrucciones.

Contenido de un vistazo:

Contenido

Introducción

Sobre el Autor

Dedicación

Expresiones de gratitud

Convenciones y Abreviaturas

SECCIÓN 1 Antes de comenzar con Paint.NET

Capítulo 1 - Introducción a Paint.NET

Capítulo 2 - Instalación de Paint.NET

SECCIÓN 2 Conceptos básicos

Capítulo 3 - Entendiendo la interfaz

Capítulo 4 - Los menús explicados

Capítulo 5 - Herramientas

Capítulo 6 - Color

Capítulo 7 - Capas y capas

Capítulo 8 - Ajustes

Capítulo 9 - Efectos

Capítulo 10 - Selecciones y áreas seleccionadas

SECCIÓN 3 Conceptos avanzados

Capítulo 11 - Complementos

Capítulo 12 - Formatos de archivo

Capítulo 13 - Entendiendo la impresión y DPI

Capítulo 14 - Modos de mezcla

Capítulo 15 - Personalizando Paint.NET

APÉNDICE A Atajos de teclado

APENDICE B Resumen de Consejos

APÉNDICE C Recursos en línea

APENDICE D Lista de Complementos

APÉNDICE E Menús

Lo que otros dicen acerca de Mastering Paint.NET

Realimentación

Disponible desde Amazon en formato Kindle . Otros formatos de libros electrónicos disponibles a pedido.

Esto es lo que algunos de nuestros estimados usuarios del foro dijeron al respecto:

“Scott aka EER ha logrado algo con este libro: enseñarle nuevos trucos a un perro viejo. Una lectura muy informativa, con el autor hablando con usted ... no con usted, como hacen algunos manuales de usuario. Su sentido del humor se suma a toda la experiencia de lectura ". - Welshblue

"Definitivamente una necesidad de todos los usuarios de Paint.NET. Aprendí mucho leyendo esto y solo tuve que probar muchas de las cosas sobre las que estaba leyendo. Un placer absoluto de leer con muy buenas explicaciones y un gran sentido del humor ". - barbieq25

“El estilo de escritura casual de Scott Stringer hace que sea un placer leer este libro. Él realmente cubre los conceptos básicos de Paint.NET bien. Considero que este libro es una "lectura obligatoria" para todos los principiantes de Paint.NET ". - BoltBait

El libro ha tardado casi un año en completarse. No podría haberlo hecho sin mis partidarios: Rick, BoltBait, Welshy, barbieq25, nitenurse79, Simon Brown, Evan Olds, NisseBosseLasse y casi todos los que han escrito algo en el foro. Mi sincero agradecimiento a todos.

It would be possible to buy it by PAYPAL in PDF format via Internet.
  Thank you

Andrexito 946

Hello Andrexito. I'm not making my book available in PDF format. Epub or Kindle versions only.

Kindle software is free for every device you can think of. Check this out https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Digital-Services-LLC-Download/dp/B00UB76290

• 1 month later...

You know, you could still keep that one up and add a newest one for the latest one. Wouldn't be too hard. It's not like you have anything to do all day, lol! 😁

• Upvote 1

I just bought this and, although I have learned some important things it is NOT going to give me the "speed of learning" I had hoped to achieve. It is a little bit stale dated. However, some basics don't change and that is a plus.