moving paint.net files to a new computer

A computer question please :/ I am away to Florida for a while and will be getting a new lap top whilst there. Of course, about 5 mins after getting it, I will want to download Paint.net. Can I save my Effects and File types from my present computer, onto a memory chip, and then load them onto the newly downloaded PDN? It would save a lot of time having to start with all the plug-ins from afresh. Thanks in advance ... and any other time-saving tips will be much appreciated :lol:.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Yes you can. Think of it in these terms, you're just getting them from a different download source (even though you're not actually downloading). The various plugins aren't really "installed" in the traditional sense. You simply download a zip file and copy the dll file into the appropriate folder (the same thing you will be doing with a USB stick).

Thanks so much Jim :smile: . You also helped me today in another, older thread (via search) ...... I couldn't figure out where my customs brushes folder was in Win7 ...... now I know - thanks again!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.