Detail Question

Xzerizon

People in Sig Battles often describe my work as 'too busy'.

Can anybody tell me what this means, exactly?

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I can't comment on a specific piece of your work as I am unfamiliar with it.

But, generally, this would indicate that your piece lacks focus. Perhaps there is too much going on in the piece and someone doesn't know where the central focus of the piece is. Or, perhaps the piece is overly complicated. Maybe you should review the "rule of thirds" and make sure that your next piece conforms to that paradigm.

For example, some might consider that your sig would be improved if it was NOT animated.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=5979

post-44727-0-87742400-1348018885_thumb.p

Busy tends to mean there is too much going on. Like BoltBait said, it lacks focus--more specifically, there are too many things to focus on. Try to make the image draw the viewer to something specific.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

An image should have a point where the viewers eye enters the image & is then led on a walk, as it were, around the image & before exiting or being led back to the beginning.

Take a peek here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_elements_and_principles

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I think one more thing to remember is that on the whole people aren't saying it to be nasty ... but to help you. I'm always happy when people point out ways to improve an image. Or in general.

Definitely trying to help. As was the case with the recent query on logo design, the collective experience shared is always my preferred option. Where would any of us be today without the help we received?

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012