Select a layer by clicking on a non transparent pixel owned by this layer

softlion

Today i opened a psd file which 200 layers. Paint.net is very slow then (as all layers are flatten, pdn is missing hierarchical layers), but that is another problem.

I wanted to hide some background layers and "copy merged" a selection.

It took me 10mn to find all the backgrounds layers without this tool.

In photoshop the tool exist as a property of the "move selection" tool. Ie: you must first select the move selection tool, then select "layer" in the properties toolbar.

Any way to get that for v4 ?

Will v4 be on github so we can clone and make patches ?

What happens in the case of semi-transparent pixels layered on top of each other?

Anyhow, name your layers well. It's a good habit to develop with or without the tool and can actually eliminate the need for such an option.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

In photoshop the tool exist as a property of the "move selection" tool. Ie: you must first select the move selection tool, then select "layer" in the properties toolbar.

You can only move the active layer or a selection on it. Select the area, activate the tool and begin moving.

Will v4 be on github so we can clone and make patches ?

No. The source is NOT available.