RSguideMaker's Works

RSguideMaker

You can still see the area where you cut out the part of the image in the heart. You might need to smooth it out to hide the jaggies (AA Assistant).

I didn't think there were any, but going back to look at it, I can see some. I think I have fixed it. The new image is here:

lovemygffbbannerpdn2.png

Cutting out images to use is very hard. I found it easier to start from scratch using the line tool for most of it. Along with layers - lots of layers, you can create some wonderful things.

When you cut out parts, you can adjust the magic wand's tolerance so that you only take out the parts you really want out. It is very time consuming & that is why learning to Alpha Mask is your best friend.

The image is very nice in colour & composition but a tad too blurry compared to the text. You will get better with time, trust me & you have some brilliant ideas going on.

Thank you for the positive response. You know, these graphics are a lot harder than they may look. A lot of people think they were easy. God no. It takes time. Fortunately, I can make minor tweaks to most of my graphics because I save PSDs for pretty much every one.

Edited by RSguideMaker
signature-1.png

Did yu do the timeline one yourself or is it a composite? Very nice work.

The Big Bang Theory one needs to have the characters smoothed off a bit more & adding a bit of Drop Shadow will make them look less "pasted on". You are getting better!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Very nice combination of abstract images. I would highly recommend you avoid posting your name on public forums (even if most of us are nice people ;) ). With just your name, I can make some pretty sure guesses about a lot of personal information...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I would highly recommend you avoid posting your name on public forums (even if most of us are nice people ;) ). With just your name, I can make some pretty sure guesses about a lot of personal information...

Very true!
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you all for the feedback.

@cristineparks82: Please read the title of this forum and all FAQs before asking silly questions.

Very nice combination of abstract images. I would highly recommend you avoid posting your name on public forums (even if most of us are nice people ;) ). With just your name, I can make some pretty sure guesses about a lot of personal information...

OK, I will bear that in mind for the future.

UPDATE: Nikola Tesla signature (450x150px)

nikolateslasignature.png

Edited by RSguideMaker
signature-1.png

I feel that Tesla doesn't get the credit that he deserves. Plus, if we were to use his inventions and ideas, we'd be better off in our technology. I'm quite surprised that you honored him in your sig--I find that quite respectful. Oh, and the sig is pretty cute.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice works. I like the positive message your images give off, such as the latest one. There are really good arrangements, and I agree: It may look simple, but a lot of work and time goes into it. My favorite is the latest one: Smoking Kills.

By the way, I don't get why smoking is considered cool by teenagers.

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Thanks and me neither. I am a teen myself, and I used to smoke. I quit because I knew how much damage it was doing to me!

NOTE: There may be a lack of images during the next two weeks. My laptop has crashed and I am having to use a spare. I will try to keep posted, but there will definitely be a lack of posts next week (Week commencing 29 October) due to me being on holiday until Nov 4.

signature-1.png

UPDATE: New signature made for myself on a promotion forum.

ipromotesignature.png

That looks like it's just two fonts. actually, it definitely is - the M's are the same, as are the o's and e's from the other font.

Perhaps use alpha mask to create a brushed metal effect? (Add a new layer behind it, make it white, add noise at intensity:100, color:0, and coverage:100, then motion blur it with the distance at 30, then motion blur it at an angle 90* different from what you started with, at a distance of 10 - 30. Go back to the text layer, ctrl+a, ctrl+c, then ctrl+d, back to the metal texture, and alpha mask. Or use the magic wand tool around the text, ctrl+i, then cut the metal texture - but that's more pixely. You can then use the same method to add a chrome texture, with a linear gradient. All credits going to Adel, and his tutorial)

UPDATE: This is a Facebook timeline cover I made for myself, just because it's true. It's simple, but I love it <3

lovemygffbbannerpdn.png

Please give me your feedback :D

Good idea - but it still looks like a couple of images from the web with text slapped on. It is a nice composition, if not for the blurry background.

Update: New signature! <3

wheneverigetatextsignature.png

Looks, again, like a composition with text slapped on. Although, the phone looks like a .PNG, and the shadow looks like it might have been your own addition - but I can't tell.

You've got creativity - give some tutorials a shot, it feels better to create all of something on your own.

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

• 4 weeks later...