RSguideMaker's Works

RSguideMaker

I hate to be so negative, but it looks like colored fonts to me...

Perhaps you did something with the text...

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I don't know, but I like these. Maybe creating some of your own would be cool modeling the ones you already showed. Kind of what you did with your sig. Add a little image or slogan with the logo. The ideas are endless.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you. And barbieq25, that is a spelling mistake. Thank you. It's from a show called The Glades (American show) and someone asked me to make it. I didn't realize the mistake until now. Thanks for pointing it out.

UPDATE: Two new signatures!

simpsons.png

SOTW2-3.png

Edited by RSguideMaker
signature-1.png

Very nice work with the timeline image. If you use BoltBait's Feather plugin followed by AA's Assistant you should be able to get rid of more of the background & get it looking smoother. Works best when you use a canvas 4x larger than the finished product.

Explore the option of Alpha masking too. I have a hard time getting my head around it but there are some great tutes & the results are fabulous.

NiteNurse - good grief - how will I ever win a SOTW if you encourage guys like this?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

RSGM - also remember the Sig Battles too :demon::scanner:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you. I have all the plugins so I will have a play around with them and maybe post the result. I will have some time on my hands over the next couple of days so maybe that will be where I play with the tools.

UPDATE: New logo created for request.

scientistforum.png

Edited by RSguideMaker
signature-1.png

Thanks for the feedback. I still need to work on the heart. It was a render I found online. I will keep posting updates, and one will be with the best version of the banner yet. I am, however, stuck for ideas so any ideas would be welcome.

@welshblue: The link to the forum rules in my signature is there so that wherever I post, the forum rules can be easily found. I am helping the forum run smoothly because I didn't have it done on mine by the members. Forums are supposed to be filled with people who care about it and also the content, not for people to troll and start spamming and break the rules.

signature-1.png

Standard practice is to know the rules before you start & this applies to all aspects of life, not just forums.

Whenever I get stuck for ideas, I look through the tutes & try one of those out. Unbeatable value as you learn something new & get inspired.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I like the design. It's simple yet it doesn't look empty. You can still see the area where you cut out the part of the image in the heart. You might need to smooth it out to hide the jaggies (AA Assistant).

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Cutting out images to use is very hard. I found it easier to start from scratch using the line tool for most of it. Along with layers - lots of layers, you can create some wonderful things.

When you cut out parts, you can adjust the magic wand's tolerance so that you only take out the parts you really want out. It is very time consuming & that is why learning to Alpha Mask is your best friend.

The image is very nice in colour & composition but a tad too blurry compared to the text. You will get better with time, trust me & you have some brilliant ideas going on.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012