different shape for Eraser

Esha Napoleon

Just an suggestion.......Can there be an square eraser please???

Sometimes, when I do erase, being that its circular, doesn't matter the size, its harder for me to edge out the straight lines, especially the corners, leaving me with a "dent" in the pic.

You can use the rectangle selection to select where you want to erase, then hit delete

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Just so we're clear on the differences:

The Eraser resets the Alpha channel* - the RGB color information persists (it just can't be seen).

Selecting and deleting an area replaces the current RGB color information with #FFFFFF AND sets the Alpha channel to zero. So pixels are filled with #FFFFFF00

* Not always to zero. The Alpha setting is linked to that of the Primary color. Try this: Set Primary Alpha to 2 & Erase a solid color = erasing with soft edges!

Good point. If the alpha channel is needed, make your rectangle selection and erase with the eraser tool.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You can use the rectangle selection to select where you want to erase, then hit delete

I use a similar method when I want a square/rectangle area erased. When I've erased a portion, I then select within that space a rectanglular/square area and copy and then paste. Once the paste is done move it to another area and if need be, resize it. It's not an eraser per se, but it works equally well.

EDIT:

Here's an image of what I've described above:

erase.jpg

Edited by jim100361

• 2 weeks later...