Need help resizing a picture/pdn project

I am working on my image for the realistic vehicle comp, I started with a 800x600 canvas and resized it by 400% so that I could blur and shrink it down later. Problem is it is now 84 layers and although I can save it as a .pdn I cannot save as a .png or crop it both instances I get a window saying not enough memory to perform the task and if I try and resize it freezes at about 78% I am doing all this on my work comp as I thought it could handle it, obviously not. Any ideas ?

according to this formula, just having that open in paint.net takes about 2.5 gigabytes of RAM. You'll want about twice that if you are trying to flatten or resize the image.

Just curious, but what are your system specs? If mine are any better, I might try it on my new computer (thanks qwerty! ^^). Theoretically, I have enough RAM to handle it...

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Sisters: can't live with them, but can't live without them either xD

Glad it worked out for you :)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

according to this formula, just having that open in paint.net takes about 2.5 gigabytes of RAM. You'll want about twice that if you are trying to flatten or resize the image.

Just curious, but what are your system specs? If mine are any better, I might try it on my new computer (thanks qwerty! ^^). Theoretically, I have enough RAM to handle it...

It's a pleasure!

Edited by qwertyuu

borderg.png

If memory is critical and flatten and save shows memory errors then you may use a tool like pdn2png. Because it loads one layer after the other and flattens immediately. So the maximum required memory size is just 3 times of the memory of one layer.

midoras signature.gif

Minners, sorry to hear that you are having such issues. Running out of memory is such an awful thing. There have been times when all I could do is take a screenshot of the image & work with that.

So pleased you managed to work this out.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012