How to Install Plugins ×

Oblique Effect Plugin (ymd:100714)

MadJik

Oblique Effect Plugin

What's this?

This is a plugin under Effect/Distort menu.

This effect will enable you to incline texts or images, vertically horizontally or both using the sliders.

Obliquetextaa.jpg

(only the second line of text is changed by this effect)

Be aware some specifications:

- If X alone or Y alone = 1.0, it corresponds to 45° oblique angle.

- if part of the tilted image leaves on a side, it reappears on the other.

- calculation is made from the center of the image.

- if you apply the effect several times and apply same effects with opposite values, you won't obtain the original image. This is due to rounding. (But could be an effect in itself?)

- if you apply vertical & horizontal none zero at the same time you'll have like image reduction (test it vert:0.50 hori:-0.50 and Ctrl-F 3-4 times).

Download it!

Plugin Oblique.dll     Note - this is not downloading properly, so for now get the Oblique.dll from here.

http://jcljay.free.fr/pdn/ar.pngHere is the DLLhttp://jcljay.free.fr/pdn/al.png

The MadJik's All plugins package is available!

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=7186 

How to install

Close Paint.net

Classic version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects

Microsoft Store version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: /My Documents/paint.net App Files/Effects/

You have to adapt for your language My Documents

The User interface

Oblique_UI.png

Isn't it funny how we were all pining for something that came with MS-Paint...

This is obviously better because it is anti-aliased. This needs to be stickied...or implemented into the s/w.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for posting after this thread was inactive for some months, but it would be weird to create a new one in G.D.

May I ask for moving the plugin to "distort" because my effects menue is just to full and I don't want to remove effects. If the plugin was done in codelab it is just enough to publish the source code so I can make a new version myself.

Thanks in advance.

mars.jpg

Why is this picture here?

I've made the ground like this:

1.B&W Gradient.

2.Oblique H-50,V+50

3.Ctrl+F 10-15 times

4.Oblique H+50,V-50

5.Ctrl+F 10-15 times

6.Seamless Texture Maker

7.Layer rotate/zoom: Ang=4;TA=95;TR=70;Zoom=0.92

8.Relief Ang=90

Edited by MadJik
rehosted images

Hi Madjik,

Thanks for another great update. Wonder if you could date this plugin, as you do for the others, so that we will not miss your latest version.

Wonder if this request is feasible? Could we separately adjust the two horizontal and two vertical parameters of the object we are applying the oblique plugin to? Find the zoom/rotate rather hit-miss possibly because I'm not too familiar with the complicated settings.

This may make fitting oblique images to a rotated box a much easier task. Hope it's not too difficult.

Thanks,

David

I actually did try to fit a picture to the side but found it very difficult - probably because of inexperience.

Was just hoping that slider controls could enable the various lengths to be adjusted more easily in your plugin but guess that it could be too much work!

Thanks for responding. Appreciate all the plugins and updates that show your perfectionistic trait.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Feature change/request:

Can you change to Vertical/Horizontal step settings to work in degrees? I assume that it works in pixels at present, am I correct?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MadJik, you really should keep your download links in the first post in a thread. Having various versions of a plugin scattered all over the place only serves to create confusion.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!