How to make snow-white skin without losing detail?

KellyJ13

Hello,

Let me start off by saying I think that there is more than one way to do this but I'd like more experienced users' thoughts on this subject;

I am trying to turn my subjects skin into an almost snow-white without losing any details to his face (like lines, texture).

Now I think this could be accomplished using the "colored eye" technique but I feel like there is another way to do this with all the different tools and effects that would be easier. Hmmmmm

Please feel free to comment. I am open to any suggestions (or if you just want to tell me I'm nuts :mrviolet: )

Thanks,

Kelly

You could also slightly increase the contrast and decrease saturation. Usually, you don't need to make the face completely white to make it look pale. Just making a face have less color than usual tricks the mind into seeing a really pale figure

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Why not make the face region of the image greyscale?

Is this the sort of result that you're striving for?

4d6fa9f2.png

I did this one using 2 layers.

Bottom layer colored

Top layer Black and White

Erase everything you want to remain in color from the black and white

If it's too white (as I thought mine was originally), double click in the Layer's Pane for the top layer picture and adjust the transparency so some of the bottom colored layer shows through.

• 4 weeks later...