Unofficial Paint.NET 3.0 Logo Contest (Ended)

Do you think there will be more of these, or something similiar in the future?

There was a good turnout with this contest so I'm sure there will be another one in the future.

Rick, too bad there wasn't a turnout like this when you had the contest for the Paint.NET Banner Ad. :(

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Tomorrow is the final day of the contest!

Damn, I have to much work tonight to finish my entry. Do you think there will be more of these, or something similiar in the future?

Thanks,

Doc

You have until Midnight EST on Jan 31st. Hopefully you can get it finished before then. Good luck.

P.S. I'm sure we'll do something like this again.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Ok I'm throwing this out there possibly to fuel someone else's creative spark because I don't have time to do this myself ;) At least not at the moment.

Anyway one of the slogans I was thinking of for any "marketing" or ego-posters or whatever was:

Paint.NET 3.0: Because MDI doesn't have to stand for More Difficult Interface.

Obviously it's a jab at other imaging software that I personally feel does a poor job in this area by essentially shouldering the entire responsibility of workspace organization on to the user.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Really good catch!

Although people who don't know the other software will not understand it.

Need to localize this too :). What about a catchline contest?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Well, Bob, it's not necessarily supposed to be localizable. You have to separately come up with catch phrases that work for each language. For example, in English the new Vista marketing slogan, "The wow starts now", works because 'now' rhymes with 'wow' -- but that's not necessarily true for other languages post-translation.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

thenewclockisindahouse1.png

Looks pretty good. I would take a little time to work on the bevel around the glass. Right now it just looks a little blurry and unrealistic.

I am totally not trying to knock your post. I actually think it looks pretty darn good. This is just a little positive criticism.

Voting starts now!!

Send all votes to me(barkbark00) as a Private Message.

I know this wasn't in the rules, but the polls will be open until Wednesday, the 7th of February at Midnight EST.

Vote for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

Please include the following for each:

• - Name of the author.
    - Entry number.

Vote Calculation:

1st place vote = 3 points

2nd place vote = 2 points

3rd place vote = 1 point

*points will be tallied per entry and final totals will be posted.

*All votes are final. Please DO NOT vote for yourself :wink:

Please resubmit all votes.

If you voted on or before 1:30pm est 2/1/07, please re-cast your vote.

I was trying to clean up my PM inbox to make room for the votes that will be coming in.

So I selected all the PM's I wanted to delete and then I hit the "Delete All" button...I know, stupid me!

Everything is gone!

Maybe there is a way to recover them, but I don't it is that big a deal.

I just hope the people who voted for me notice that they have to resubmit it... :wink:

You have until Midnight EST on Jan 31st. Hopefully you can get it finished before then. Good luck.

Eh, not happening, I had 2 exams and one assesment today, I didn't even get a chance on the computer yesterday, up till late studying

I'll catch it next time,

Thanks,

Doc

holyknightrl8.png

^ Made with Paint.NET

Should there be a new topic that shows the tally of votes. An update every 2 days?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, usedHONDA. Its not like there is money on the line or anything.

I would like to be surprised who wins *cough*CMD*cough*

True....

I think I should declare that my third logo entry is one of my best looking PDN creation I ever made. I didn't say the best because my sig, avatar and my wallpaper evolves the same steps.

Anyhow,

**VOTED**

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb