Unofficial Paint.NET 3.0 Logo Contest (Ended)

barkbark00

I guess the purpose of this contest was a little bit misunderstood. CMD, you right in definition of what a "Logo" should be. The object is to get exactly what you defined.

Rules:

5. Try to make stuff that you would actually use as a logo, not just pictures that incorporate the phrase "paint.net".

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

usedHonda

Did you use 3d Box maker?

The "front" and "side" of the box are two different images butted up against each other after they were manipulated using the Roll / Rotate feature under Layers > Rotate / Zoom. To answer your question, No.

CMD

...a bit confused as to just what we're making here. When I think logo, I think of a stand-alone object that will function as the icon...

I thought about this as well. Then I came to the realization that it's just not worth thinking about. My idea of a logo might differ from someone else's and that persons' (is that right: ..ons', or is it: ...on's,.. oh well, brainfart :roll: ) ok, where was I... Right, anyway, people's opinion of what a "logo" is will vary. For instance, my definition of a logo is: An image that is used to represent someone or something. I just figured let it be what it is.

What type of thing should I make?

Nothing. I wanna win this thing! :twisted: :lol:

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Old school

beta.gif

New school

retail.png

High school

retailblack.png

@BuzzKill:

I figured that :D

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

ALex, I liked your pencil scratch one from before. This one is good too though.

Here's one I put together last night. I'm not too happy with the picture in the middle, but there's always room for changes later. There is more than half a month before the final deadline, after all.

logothumb.png

Full Size (500 x 600)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Very nice. Clean and professional looking. Does it come in White?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Sure! Open it in PDN and press [Ctrl]+[shift]+.

<_<

~ Becoming the Archetype

ALex, I liked your pencil scratch one from before. This one is good too though.

I liked it good too, thhe point is that the pencil and the background was a picture on the internet so I the only thing I did was just add some text and stretch the picture... :(

And CMD:

Your logo was really nice. Does anyone now how I can convert normal pictures to .ico ?

eastersig3vt5.png

Do you mind if I modify your logo CMD?

Actually, I may just do stuff to it and never post it for anything :D

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Does it come in White?

logowhitethumb.png

Full Size (White Background) (500 x 600)

Full Size (Glass Background) (500 x 600)

(You won't be able to notice the difference between the two, unless you decide to use it in a graphics composition (or use IE6). But I like the glass effect, so I decided to include it.)

Thar ya go!

Actually, the original plan was to do it this way, but while I was making the mask for the background gradient, I really liked it with the black background (kinda reminded me of the Vista style I like so much), so I kept it that way.

Do you mind if I modify your logo CMD?

Actually, I may just do stuff to it and never post it for anything :D

Go right ahead!

~ Becoming the Archetype

^^ Kinda edgy around the edges, speciially inbetween teh corners of each image...

Idea for you: if thats a fold going on, in the space picture, a gradient may make it look 2190471047 times better... if not, sorry for waste of time...

Another one to add to my pathetic stack of logos (but I like this one):

digitalclock.jpg

@barkbark00:

Take only the logo above and the one here are my official entries.

I downloaded a font called "endless showroom" (accidentally), Made some 8s in red (opacity down to about 40), the most saturated green for the main lettering, and aligned the letters up to the 8s (the creator of the font messed up by not having fixed position).

But I think you just needed to know about the "endless showroom" font to understand :D

I think I'm going to make a tut out of this.

Here is another one. I was going to outfit it with buttons, a stand, and a catchy name for it, but I figured that a slogan and a beta light [and a brushed metal gradient background, a gradient border, a black to dark blue gradient display, and a better centered, less cluttering look] would do enough

brushedclock.png

So witch do you like better? The first or second? Criticism welcome!

I will repeat:

@barkbark00:

The logo above and the one here are my only official entries.

Oops. I meant to move the "NET" part over one. I guess I'll get to that tomorrow (I;m trying to get win2k running on my Mac right now).

Does it come in White?
Thar ya go!

Much appreciated. Thanks!

Actually, the original plan was to do it this way, but while I was making the mask for the background gradient, I really liked it with the black background (kinda reminded me of the Vista style I like so much), so I kept it that way.

After comparing the two, I like the black one a little more than the other. I think it has to do with the center image. It doesn't contrast as good in the white one for my taste. Still, both are top notch!

*tips hat*

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

I downloaded a font called "endless showroom" (accidentally), Made some 8s in red (opacity down to about 40), the most saturated green for the main lettering, and aligned the letters up to the 8s (the creator of the font messed up by not having fixed position).

But I think you just needed to know about the "endless showroom" font to understand :D

I think I'm going to make a tut out of this.

Here is another one. I was going to outfit it with buttons, a stand, and a catchy name for it, but I figured that a slogan and a beta light [and a brushed metal gradient background, a gradient border, a black to dark blue gradient display, and a better centered, less cluttering look] would do enough

brushedclock.png

So witch do you like better? The first or second? Criticism welcome!

I will repeat:

@barkbark00:

The logo above and the one here are my only official entries.

Looks good, but you need to post a thumbnail verison that is less than 800px wide.

Or I can cut it down for you by doing a resize in PDN. Let me know...