Unofficial Paint.NET 3.0 Logo Contest (Ended)

barkbark00

433yag6.png

Jerkfight, this looks really nice! Your second pic in each post is kinda weird, though. And I don't see a difference between the two first pics in the two different posts.

paintnetclearly3vq7.png

GreenNova, that's nice too!

I'll toss one in.

revised 1/6 (clear version)

paintnetclearly3vq7.png

I can tell that's a Photoshop. You took my idea for the liquification :x

If there will be a Paint.mono (click here)...

onelongmonocopy.png

(and this is an entry)

EDIT: New name.

onelongmono.png

I was just thinking, since there are so many entries, should there be a 5th 4th 3rd and so on? I still think categories would work fine (one could be for log on screens)

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I didn't see an entry with any implementation of a liquification effect before his.

onelongmonocopy.png

(and this is an entry)

No, its not. This is a "Paint.NET" logo contest. Besides, use of the "Mono" logo like that is infringing on someone's copyright.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I didn't see an entry with any implementation of a liquification effect before his.

I know, but he can read brains :D

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Good criticism:

Looks good!

What? want some bad criticism? If you want...

Bad criticism:

It could be a transparent png. Pallet looks too fake. What happened to yellow?

What? its supposed to be bad criticism. What do you expect? Good criticism?

All good points, including my confliction of the terms good and criticism! :lol:

I left out the yellow because computers use Red, Green and Blue not the standard set of primary colours.

I'll make it a transparent PNG tomorrow as right now I'm knackered.

Thanks!

b1lancersig4hj.jpg

[in a non-arguing form]

Yeah, but Windows thought that since most people are new to computers, they see the three primary colors as red, blue and yellow. So they added the yellow for that reason (I'm guessing). I was surprised myself to see the RGB instead of RGY when I first got into computers.

Heh, I've been using computers so long (almost twenty-five years!) that Red, Green, and Blue have always been the primary colors to me!

I liked B1lancer's take on the logo. Very nice, and no criticism here.

usedHONDA's Paint.Mono, though--even if it was allowed in the contest I think the Mono logo is very blurry and it is spread out a bit from the words Paint.Mono.

paintnetclearly3vq7.png

I can tell that's a Photoshop.

This effect (the warping of the p, a, and even the puddle) can be recreated quite easily using the Warp.cs which is packaged with the CodeLab plugin. In fact, I wouldn't be so hesitant to bet that's exactly how GreenNova achieved that effect.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

The fiesta one is still missing so I removed it. You can repost it if you like.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I can tell that's a Photoshop.

This effect (the warping of the p, a, and even the puddle) can be recreated quite easily using the Warp.cs which is packaged with the CodeLab plugin. In fact, I wouldn't be so hesitant to bet that's exactly how GreenNova achieved that effect.

Just another one of the many advantages to PDN.

Thanks! There's still plenty of time left though. So come on!! Get crack'n!!!

This is not an entry. It's just for fun.

pdn3_box.png

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

You're right. That probably wouldn't be considered as a logo type image. I'll edit my post. :)

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

!! El&Font Gothic!^

So, I think I'd like to try my hand at this, but I'm a bit confused as to just what we're making here. When I think logo, I think of a stand-alone object that will function as the icon and general marketing face of the product. But most of the entries here look as if they'd function better as loading screen background and whatnot.

What type of thing should I make?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype