I need most basic instructions

I can work Microsoft's "Paint" both the Vista and Win 7 versions. I wanted something with a bit more capabilities, I thought I was ready for the next step. I installed Paint dot net on my vista computer. BUT! I need to study a basic tutorial, and I mean BASIC. For example, I can select and move an image about on the desk top, but cannot figure how to make it stick in the spot I have moved it to. I have read online but the interactive tutorial does not address this one problem. So I am stuck. It seems the tutorials I have found assume I know more than I do. So if someone can point me to the document I need to begin I would be most appreciative.

Michael

./\_/\

(='.'=)

(") (")

(") (")

In memory of

Cleopatra

2/2002-4/16/2012

Hi and welcome :)

You would be best asking this question here http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/4-paintnet-discussion-questions/ you have posted in the wrong place. You need to open your picture in paint.net in order to do something with it. Why do you just wish to move it around your desktop? more details please ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Hi and welcome :)

You would be best asking this question here http://forums.getpai...sion-questions/ you have posted in the wrong place. You need to open your picture in paint.net in order to do something with it. Why do you just wish to move it around your desktop? more details please ;)

I thought the best place to ask about finding a tutorial was in the section on tutorials, but I can ask in the suction you suggested.

./\_/\

(='.'=)

(") (")

(") (")

In memory of

Cleopatra

2/2002-4/16/2012

pressing Ctrl D or Esc or Enter will do the job of making it 'stick in the spot'

I did try "Enter" but it just deselected and did not move the graphic. I can try the others. But really I am looking for a tutorial.

Michael

./\_/\

(='.'=)

(") (")

(") (")

In memory of

Cleopatra

2/2002-4/16/2012

<Moved to Paint.NET Discussion & Questions>