Fatal Error 1603.

thefadedstar

Okay, before someone complains I wasn't reading the other posts to figure this out, just saying, I did. For the last four days. And they even locked the thread, so I couldn't get help (so I created this =D).

Basically, at one point in life, I pretty much manually deleted paint.net from my computer. When I tried to re-install it, it gave me this error. When I then installed an earlier version, it claimed it couldn't install because a later version was already installed.

So far, I managed to clear everything about Paint.net there was. But.. since I pretty much give up at this moment, if anyone has paint.net INSTALLED on their computer, I would appreciate it if someone would upload the data files on... (mediafire? Something?) so I can download and use paint.net without installing it?

It would be appreciated! Thank you in advance~

.... I pretty much manually deleted paint.net from my computer.

Deleting some of the files related to Paint.NET is not the same as uninstalling it. Removing the visible files does not remove the hooks and other traces of it that appear elsewhere on your computer.

When I then installed an earlier version, it claimed it couldn't install because a later version was already installed.

Some of the original installation remains. QED.

...would upload the data files on... (mediafire? Something?) so I can download and use paint.net without installing it?

Not on this forum. The ONLY correct way to install Paint.NET is via the installer.