What Plug-ins would you recommend for starters?

Hi there all, :mrred:

I just downloaded Paint.NET today. I was looking through the Plug-in index and about 2/3 of the way I have to admit that I got a little overwhelmed. I have some packs picked out but not sure of what I really need.

What plug-ins are a "must have" for starters?

Thank You

Kelly :mrgreen:

All the stickied plugin threads/packs. That should give you plenty to start with...perhaps even too many, but that's ok ;D

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Both the answers provided are worth considering. It is often a mistake to load far too many plugins - and then never use most of them.

Minners71 makes an excellent point. It's not about the plugins - unless you specifically need to perform a task that Paint.NET doesn't handle well natively (reasonably rare from a brand new beginners point of view) . Then you should install the plugin that helps you perform the task.

When you do begin installing plugins, install the ones you actually need. Often these are stickied or pinned to the top of the plugin section (pinning rewards excellence - but there are many others that are also worthy).