How to make a dashed line or flying 'trail'

I am new to this forum and did some searches but I couldn't find what I was looking for [but came close] So if this was mentioned elsewhere I'm sorry for the repeat. I want to make a curved/ wavy dashed line, picture the trail behind of a bumble bee [my first picture is an example]. The closest thing I have gotten was that I downloaded the dpyplugins6.1 and used the wavy text using the '-----' dashes but instead of the dashes following the curved line they are all parallel and in a wavy fashion [my second picture is a example.] Is there another way to do this?

post-91091-0-31459000-1342901679_thumb.j

post-91091-0-27271400-1342901793_thumb.j

Edited by kcdc6211

Hello kcdc6211,

You can make dotted lines using the line tool - there are settings for the line properties in the menu at the top when the tool is selected.

The middle one has an option for dotted lines.( 2nd right from the word 'style' in the screenshot).

The line can be moved into a curve by pulling the 'nubs' -(left click normal, right click Bezier).

Hope the screenshot below explains better!

dottedlinesscreenshot.png

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Hello kcdc6211,

You can make dotted lines using the line tool - there are settings for the line properties in the menu at the top when the tool is selected.

The middle one has an option for dotted lines.( 2nd right from the word 'style' in the screenshot).

The line can be moved into a curve by pulling the 'nubs' -(left click normal, right click Bezier).

Hope the screenshot below explains better!

dottedlinesscreenshot.png

Yep, makes perfect sense, thank you! I guess I just need to spend more time on it and piece a few together doing it that way, mine just never came out looking too smooth if you kwim :] It also made it more difficult for what I am doing becaus I wanted the dashes further spaced, I forgot to mention that part

eta: nice smiley lol

Edited by kcdc6211

Use the Line/Curve tool with Dashes mode as Red Ochre mentioned, use brush of 5 pix width or more, then adjust the space/thickness of the dashes by Median Noise effect.

Hint: for best result, work the lines/curves on a new transparent layer adjust it with Median Noise then apply AntiAlias to insure the background is transparent.

post-53052-0-00768600-1342932815_thumb.p

Use the Line/Curve tool with Dashes mode as Red Ochre mentioned, use brush of 5 pix width or more, then adjust the space/thickness of the dashes by Median Noise effect.

Hint: for best result, work the lines/curves on a new transparent layer adjust it with Median Noise then apply AntiAlias to insure the background is transparent.

Oh my, that is almost exactly what I had imagined :] Thank both very much!