Removing/changing text on a background

UndisPuted

Hello everybody, i was hoping that someone could help me or explain to me how to remove text from background. Im making a Homepage, and the banner of my navigation has a text i dont want there. Here is an image of what i mean.

h3.png

I need to get all the text removed, so i can add my own. if it is possible.

Thanks for your time.

I don't see any simple solution to your problem. In your specific case, it may be easier to make your own image so you can easily add your own text.

EDIT: see my next post

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Why i hoped to get the text removed is becouse its for my template, and it will also maybe hard to find something that looks good, but if i cant remove the text, then no problem. i just had to ask :D

ill try to sort it out somehow. Thanks for your reply.

This looks like the menu from someone else's website. Do you actually have permission to use these graphics or have you just borrowed them from somewhere?

I'm in agreement with pdnnoob on this one. You would be better to recreate the images yourself.

I say this because there are two gradients going on in each image. One is vertical and the other is horizontal. This rules out copying or stretching the image to hide the text. In order to do a nice job of removing the text you would have to do as much work as making new images from scratch.

Well, I've been thinking about this a little, and after spending some time messing with the picture you gave, here's what I got:

notext.png

How I did it (the ones on the right):

1. Make a vertical selection of the left-most pixels and press ctrl+c

2. Add a new layer and paste (ctrl+v)

3. Stretch the selected pixels horizontally until you cover the entire button.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 with the right-most pixels

5. Select your gradient tool and change it to transparency mode. On the top layer, click and drag from one side of the button to the other while holding shift.

6. Merge the layers and you are done.

The same concept was used for the buttons on the left. Since the vertical patterns were more complex than the horizontal, I turned the technique on its side.

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

oh my god. thanks a lot for taking your time to help me with that, it means a lot to me, i was starting on something you explained there. copy and paste, then stretch. but you did 100x better then me. Thanks m8. Ego Eram, you are right, this template is an copy. Its an free Template that Ucoz has that everybody can download.

Edited by UndisPuted

No problem. Please do make an attempt to follow the instructions I gave yourself, though. Knowing how to do this may come in handy later on down the road.

I know it will come in handy, becouse i got a couple of other pics i need to do that with. And i will take time to see other guides that are on this forum to learn more Cheers