Converting excel table to a png. file

OK...so when I copy the desired cells form the excell worksheet and paste to paintnet, it works fine...the entire range of cells copied show up in the paste, but...if you first eliminate the gridlines in excell before copying the range of cells, the paste into Painnet only shows one section/quadrant of the excel range of cells which I copied. I don't want the gridlines showing in the final .png file...I know this must be possible...so somebody please help....thanks!

Edited by WKB

Paint.NET is going to paste whatever Excel gives it. So, it's got to either be something you need to do in Excel, or some post-editing you'll need to do in Paint.NET.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

OK...so when I copy the desired cells form the excell worksheet and paste to paintnet, it works fine...the entire range of cells copied show up in the paste, but...if you first eliminate the gridlines in excell before copying the range of cells, the paste into Painnet only shows one section/quadrant of the excel range of cells which I copied. I don't want the gridlines showing in the final .png file...I know this must be possible...so somebody please help....thanks!

My 2 cent solution that always works for me.

just take a screen shot of the excel table as you want it.

then paste it into paint.net to continue working on/saving it as a .png

Avi

"DDAP=Don't Drink And Post!" :-)

If I understood you correctly, then try the set no borders for cells in Excel:

Highlight the cells range you need

Right click in any highlighted cell and open "Format Cells"

- Open Borders tab

- In the "Line Arranegement" select "Set No Borders", (which is first option on the left)

- Click OK

Copy and Then Paste in to New Image in Paint.NET.

Sorry my bad, that was actually for Open Office.

What you need to do in Excel is to choose grid color same as the background sheet, if the "Show Gridlines" option doesn't work.

Edited by yellowman