Can't install, getting 80004005 (.NET)

uspaint

Because I wanted to install Microsoft VB Express, I need .NET 2.0 Beta 2. I installed that one, but VB Express won't install, even with the Beta 2.0. So I decided to deinstall the Beta 2.0.

Today, I want to use Paint 2.6. It won't start, I get an 80004005 error. That's because of the .Net, isn't it?

So I downloaded .NET 2.0 beta 2.0 again (can't find the 'normal'), + Paint.net beta 3, but no install of Paint.net. I tried to repair the installation, but when I repair I get an error: Can't start the .NET service. I clicked on Try Again. Now it's good. But I can't install Paint.net.

So I look at the services.msc, and tried to start the service manually. But when I do that, I get an error: After starting the service, the service shut down directly, 'because he don't have to work' ( it's in Dutch, don't know the English words). Now I'm downloading Paint.net 2.72 WITH .Net 2.0, but the same errors. What's wrong with my .net installations? I can't run VB Express (needs beta 2.0, but when I installed beta 2.0, he can't find 2.0) and Paint.net (80004005).