Jump to content

How to get this effect?

Recommended Posts


I'm new to this forum, to paint.net and to images creations.

I would like to create this type of effect with some black fade in the edges. the point is that I don't know where to search as I don't know the name of the effect.

Even without giving me the complete How-To, if somoene can name the effect, I would be grateful.

Thanks !


Edited by JonathanF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another way to do it is to add a new layer, set the blend mode to "multiply" and use the gradient tool to create the darkened edges.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...