Replace Colour But Retain Shading

Change the hue using the "hue and saturation" adjustment

OR

If you only want to change one color at a time, use the "Conditional Hue/Saturation" adjustment plugin

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Ok, in fact it' s something quite easy. Just follow what I did:

Let' s say I' ve got a red to blue linear gradient :LinearClampedGradient: and I want to replace the blue part by green.

1st: select all (ctrl+A) and copy it (ctrl+C)

1339877723-1.png

then with the recoloring tool :RecoloringTool: set at 50%, and the green you want as the primary color and the blue as the secondary color, just pass over all the image.

1339877742-2.png

With the magic wand tool :MagicWandTool: set at 50%, click somewhere in the red part and hit delete.

1339877734-3.png

On a new layer :AddNewLayer: under the first one, paste (ctrl+V) what you' ve copied before.

1339877736-4.png

Then on the first layer, apply a blur :BlurEffect: of 200 (that' s what I did but you can do it with less)

1339877765-5.png

Then it' s finished. Hope I helped you. :smile:

Edited by rafroller
1348406123-grafyx-3d-sig.png

PDN tutorials in french:

"FrenchPDNtutos" - Visit my gallery here !

Sig battles won: 4

"If you only want to change one color at a time, use the "Conditional Hue/Saturation" adjustment plugin"

I downloaded "EOEffects.dll" but after relaunching Paint.net I did not see "Conditional Hue/Saturation" in any of the drop-down menus.

I downloaded "EOEffects.dll" but after relaunching Paint.net I did not see "Conditional Hue/Saturation" in any of the drop-down menus.

it's in the adjustments menu (in case you hadn't found it)

Always happy to help! :)

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You need to download and install the plugin here