Separate Layers Plug-in Suggestion

I was creating a picture. It was going pretty nice, and I had done a lot, but towards the finish of it I realized that I had missed a detail quite a ways back- and now that area was part of a merged layer!

Then an idea struck me- why not have a separate layers plug-in?

A theory I came up with to manage it is to have to scroll through the entire history. Whenever one of three layer actions (merge layer, flatten, delete layer) happens, it would look at the previous action, copy everything in the image on that layer, and then paste it on a new layer. You would have the ability to check mark what layer types (merge layer, flatten, delete layer) so that you wouldn't be completely overloaded. A slider would also affect how much history is checked.

The results keep the original image (when you used the plug-in) and puts all the separate layers on top of it.

If this is in the wrong section/this isn't allowed, then by all means, mods, delete it.

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

The actions of plugins are strictly governed. It's absolutely critical that they play nicely with the rest of Paint.NET.

Messing with the History would be frought with problems (just ask Marty McFly!).

If you're interested in what plugins can and cannot do read this: Plugin Guidelines

Alright. I shall take note of this for the future.

Thank you.

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖