How to export from Photoshop original filters and import them into Paint.NET?

First, you need to download and install this plugin:

Once you have that, open up paint.net and select the plugin (Effects>8bf filter)

Go to the "search directories" tab and click on "Add..."

Browse for the folder containing the photoshop filters (In my case, My computer>C:>Program files>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop CS5>Plugins>Filters)

Press ok and return to your "Filters" tab. The filters you are looking for should now appear in the list.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

pdnnoob, thank you!

Now... How can I group them to be like in Photoshop. So filter tips in Photoshop lessons I could use similarly in Paint.NET? (For example, filter>other>custom)

The plug-in only supports images up to 32000 pixels.

What if my picture is larger and I want to keap it that way?

Edited by mandarin

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue how you would reorganize the filters.

Also, by 32000 pixels, null54 meant 32000x32000 (height and width). I can't imagine what use you would have for an image any larger than that. If you set an image that size to 300 dpi (standard print size), you would have a 153'x153' image (153 feet wide and tall)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Reorganizing... Someone, please help!

The filters are sorted alpabetically by category same as in Photoshop, instead of filters>other>custom you would use other>custom (or just type the name of the filter in the search box). :D

Additionally most of the filters included with Photoshop after 6.0 will not work with non-Adobe hosts.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait