Feature request - Reopen last effect/plugin

Hi Rick

currently in the effects menu you have "repeat - (name of last effect) "

can you please add "reopen - (name of last effect)"

this would open the settings window of the last effect/plugin used.

today we must go thru all the effects to reopen the last effect used.

this would greatly improve the speed of working with effects.

thank you

Avi

p.s.

can you also add both options the "Adjusments" menu too?

Edited by avim1968

"DDAP=Don't Drink And Post!" :-)

No.

Hi Rick

thank you for you answer

but can you give me a simpler solution to the issue i asked?

i need to run "THE SAME" effect/plugin a number of times on the image

each time with a small change in the effect/plugin setup.

(like add more noise or more blur etc..)

why do you make me/us reselect the that plugin/effect each time again

using the menus/sub menus ?

it does not make sense to me?

if you already know the last effect/plugin i used and add "Repeat - (last effect/plugin)" to the menu

automatically.

then why not add the option to open the last effect/plugin setup window and allow to make changes

to the setup ?

can you please think of it again ?

thank you

Avi

p.s.

even if i don't have plugins at all , the effect list is long enough to reselect the effect again

and again just to change the setup.

Edited by avim1968

"No" kinda means "not now, certainly won't make the cut for 4.0, I don't have the energy to type up a huge response because I've got too much other stuff I'm trying to juggle" but it doesn't mean "never, and your idea is no good."

At some point there are things that just have to be done in order to improve plugin management, and they will be done. Not for 4.0, but hopefully soon afterward. Your best bets right now are 1) remove plugins you aren't using to reduce clutter (easier said than done, I understand) and 2) learn the keyboard commands to make getting to things quicker. For instance, Alt+C pops open the Effects menu. From there, you can use the first letter of a submenu, and then the first letter of the effect. If it's the only effect with that first letter it'll open right away, otherwise press the letter multiple times.

So if you want Effects -> Blurs -> Gaussian Blur, then the keyboard chord Alt+C, B, G should do it. If there's something else in there that starts with G then you can memorize the number of times to press G before Enter.

It's not perfect by any means but it is certainly faster than the mouse, and it's something you can use right away.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

"No" kinda means "not now, certainly won't make the cut for 4.0, I don't have the energy to type up a huge response because I've got too much other stuff I'm trying to juggle" but it doesn't mean "never, and your idea is no good."

At some point there are things that just have to be done in order to improve plugin management, and they will be done. Not for 4.0, but hopefully soon afterward. Your best bets right now are 1) remove plugins you aren't using to reduce clutter (easier said than done, I understand) and 2) learn the keyboard commands to make getting to things quicker. For instance, Alt+C pops open the Effects menu. From there, you can use the first letter of a submenu, and then the first letter of the effect. If it's the only effect with that first letter it'll open right away, otherwise press the letter multiple times.

So if you want Effects -> Blurs -> Gaussian Blur, then the keyboard chord Alt+C, B, G should do it. If there's something else in there that starts with G then you can memorize the number of times to press G before Enter.

It's not perfect by any means but it is certainly faster than the mouse, and it's something you can use right away.

Hi Rick

i have tried your short cut keys but it takes more then few clicks, there are sub menus and you need to use the arrows

to get in there and remember there how many letters to click.

Sorry Rick , i tried and failed to remember all those key clicks, at my age i can barely remember the normal short keys.

I need to remember Ctrl + c + 5xA + arrow + 2 xP + enter. just to get to "Pencil Sketch" again.

what you asked me to do is just too much :-(

i have included a picture with my simple request, how it would look like if you decide to implement it and save

me, my brain and i guess others like me all those clicks ;-)

please rethink let me know, i guess if not in 4.0 maybe in 4.X .

Thank you

Avi

reopen-1.jpg

Edited by avim1968

what you asked me to do is just too much :-(
Good heavens! What has the world come to!? Just click a few <family friendly forum> times and you're done!

Really, though, unless English is not your native language, you are clearly not reading Rick's responses. All you saw was the word "no" when the message was "wait." Rick has seen your request, but it is low on his list of priorities at the moment. Wondering what could be higher? Paint.net v4.0. It takes time and effort to program, so give him time, and he'll provide the effort. Whether or not he fulfills your request is up to him, so be nice! ;)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Good heavens! What has the world come to!? Just click a few <family friendly forum> times and you're done!

Really, though, unless English is not your native language, you are clearly not reading Rick's responses. All you saw was the word "no" when the message was "wait." Rick has seen your request, but it is low on his list of priorities at the moment. Wondering what could be higher? Paint.net v4.0. It takes time and effort to program, so give him time, and he'll provide the effort. Whether or not he fulfills your request is up to him, so be nice! ;)

Hi

English is not my native language. sorry if i'm not that clear in my writing, i'm trying my best.

I read what Rick said , and i understood he didn't say NO but WAIT !

and i respect him for it too !!!

i didn't say anything about him not doing what i asked and i never meant anything bad.

All i wrote is that i have tried to implement what he said about the shortcut keys,

but at my age i can't remember all those keys like the young kids today ;-)

that's all nothing more.

I also had some fun in making my idea into a picture, what is wrong with an old man having fun?.

I know he has his list of priorities that is why i wrote

"please rethink let me know, i guess if not in 4.0 maybe in 4.X ."

i guess the word rethink is not in place, again my not so good English.

but I didn't ment to push him for my Idea's.

I'm sure as i always said before , Rick does great job! and Paint.Net is GREAT !

Avi

Edited by avim1968