Red ochre's diabolical drawings - update 13th Feb 2022 (last page)

Red ochre

Wonderful additions to your gallery @Red ochre!  ?

I especially love the 'liquid metallic' beach scene and the 'outline inside?' pieces.

The abstracts are fabulous!

Hope you are sticking around!  <3  ?

@Red ochre:trophy:

You see, that falls all of us, your pictures. Great new additions to your gallery! 

Thank you for the sharing. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Hello! As always, love your art. Like the boat scene, Inside Outside. Impossible in PDN, is it? Whoa the first image...what a train ride.:lol:

SloppySig.png

• 1 year later...

@Red,

this is incredible. If I entered the room with this on the wall, I'd stand and stare for a while.

Love the diabolic ones. Most of all 'Evensong' and this pastoral :devlish:

The dragons are cool. My favorite is 'Gravity Mountains' (not exhibited at page 1 for some reason). Btw, is this a well camouflaged dragon or just a weird looking tree?

The seascapes are fascinating (especially how you depict light and foam). Green, blue - and this one is a perfect metaphor for life.

A typical view in the place where I grew up. Dead end beauty.

Thanks for sharing your work. It's up to you, of course, but updates from time to time would be appreciated ;)

PS. Shame on me for not commenting earlier. Sorrrry.

Edited by Vagabondi
  • Like 1

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

Hi Vagabondi, thanks for commenting.

Time is always the problem. I must upload more recent ones, sometime. I've also got some more effects that need work.

It took ages creating a website for my real paintings too: Here if you are curious.

That sounds like I'm complaining - I'm not!
(Learning to code in Paint.net has helped to learn html/CSS and may help when the computers finally take-over!  🙄)

It was meant to be a driftwood tree stump btw but a dragon is more fun.
Water, particularly rivers and seas do fascinate me... analogy of emotion? possibly. Life (and time) are still mysteries to me but all images need light and dark.

Many thanks for the compliments, happy Christmas (Or however you mark mid-winter)...and seasons greetings to all.:beer:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks Remake!

Thanks Welshblue! - Very reassuring comments...

Glad to know traditional oil painting is still appreciated in a world where 'gaffer' taping a banana to a gallery wall is considered art!🤪

More money than sense

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

<3 @Red ochre!

Your gallery pictures dreamlike beautiful. 

I wish you and your family Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. santa.gif

Thank you for sharing your result! :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 2 months later...

Two new images. Partly to test how to link a big thumbnail back to a larger image (hosted on my own site).

The first 'Bad moon rising' relates to the current tragic epidemic. Sadly it seems today's courageous medics and carers have little more protection than the 'plague doctors' of the past. In the larger image the pseudo-random pixel patterns suggest demonic faces to me,  probably just an 'inkblot' (Rorschach) effect.
The second is the result of various geometrical distortions ... which I find strangely erotic... just my sordid mind then!😄

badmoonrisingreaper500thumb_op.png      eroticzebra500thumb_op.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

PdnForumSig2.jpg

@Red ochre  The first one gives me shudders...very appropriate for the current times.  Great job!  <3

The second one just makes me dizzy... 🤣  I see 'heart' pillows...  <3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red ochre said:

Sadly it seems today's courageous medics and carers have little more protection than the 'plague doctors' of the past.

Cosign. Also thinking of historical dark days... like, is it XXI century yet? :(

49 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

I see 'heart' pillows...  

And not only "heart"... ;)

Red, it's good to see you're okay and creating. I like them very much.

• Like 1

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

Hi @Red ochre, the first image is very dark and scary. Who is the figure with the hat and a lamp? The second one made mi think of onions :) . Nice to see you back.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

That face is awesome and, although dark, I find it strangely spooky in a nice way 😱  Hm ........ as for the geometric piece, I do see the hearts, but I'm still waiting for the erotic feeling 🤣.  Maybe it's only working for boys :)  Great pieces @Red ochre 😍

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Reptillian, lynxster4, Vagabondi, Eli, welshblue, Pixey, Remake -
Thanks all for taking a look and for the comments and reps.😊

@Eli - The figure on the left is a stylized 'plague doctor'. During the plagues of the middle ages people would protect themselves by wearing a beak shaped mask filled with 'medicinal' herbs. Probably as just good as the face masks I see being worn by the public. Onions!... now there's a new fetish!😁

@Pixey - seems it's just me then... I've probably seen too many Hans Bellmer drawings.

• Like 2

PdnForumSig2.jpg

54 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

The figure on the left is a stylized 'plague doctor'.

Thanks for the information, today I learned something. I had seen those masks in Venice but I did not know their purpose, I thought it was just a disguise for carnival.

• 2 months later...
  • Red ochre changed the title to Red ochre's diabolical drawings - update 29th March 2021