Red ochre

Red ochre's diabolical drawings - update 30th July 2018

Thank you for the Galleria nomination Vagabondi - very much appreciated. Belated happy new year to all too.

• Like 1

Two new images. Partly to test how to link a big thumbnail back to a larger image (hosted on my own site).

The first 'Bad moon rising' relates to the current tragic epidemic. Sadly it seems today's courageous medics and carers have little more protection than the 'plague doctors' of the past. In the larger image the pseudo-random pixel patterns suggest demonic faces to me,  probably just an 'inkblot' (Rorschach) effect.
The second is the result of various geometrical distortions ... which I find strangely erotic... just my sordid mind then!😄

badmoonrisingreaper500thumb_op.png      eroticzebra500thumb_op.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

@Red ochre  The first one gives me shudders...very appropriate for the current times.  Great job!  <3

The second one just makes me dizzy... 🤣  I see 'heart' pillows...  <3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red ochre said:

Sadly it seems today's courageous medics and carers have little more protection than the 'plague doctors' of the past.

Cosign. Also thinking of historical dark days... like, is it XXI century yet? :(

49 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

I see 'heart' pillows...  

And not only "heart"... ;)

Red, it's good to see you're okay and creating. I like them very much.

• Like 1

Hi @Red ochre, the first image is very dark and scary. Who is the figure with the hat and a lamp? The second one made mi think of onions :) . Nice to see you back.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Dark moon rising - stunning.  Dark and morbid = beautiful.  Album art quality

9 hours ago, Red ochre said:

... which I find strangely erotic...

Never touch the blue pills when making art ... unless you don't want to pee on your shoes 👍

2 great pieces

• Like 1

That face is awesome and, although dark, I find it strangely spooky in a nice way 😱  Hm ........ as for the geometric piece, I do see the hearts, but I'm still waiting for the erotic feeling 🤣.  Maybe it's only working for boys :)  Great pieces @Red ochre 😍

• Like 1

Reptillian, lynxster4, Vagabondi, Eli, welshblue, Pixey, Remake -
Thanks all for taking a look and for the comments and reps.😊

@Eli - The figure on the left is a stylized 'plague doctor'. During the plagues of the middle ages people would protect themselves by wearing a beak shaped mask filled with 'medicinal' herbs. Probably as just good as the face masks I see being worn by the public. Onions!... now there's a new fetish!😁

@Pixey - seems it's just me then... I've probably seen too many Hans Bellmer drawings.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

The figure on the left is a stylized 'plague doctor'.

Thanks for the information, today I learned something. I had seen those masks in Venice but I did not know their purpose, I thought it was just a disguise for carnival.