Red ochre's diabolical drawings - update 13th Feb 2022 (last page)

Red ochre

Helen, skullbonz, Yellowman, Pixey, Blackpenny & DrewDale, many thanks for the positive feedback. :)

It wasn't too dificult to do. Very basically:

Madjik's 'random lines' on transperent layer.
'Objectedges' to get a tone gradient across the lines.
'Dents' - just a tiny distortion.
Duplicate layer - Dents again same setting, and keep doing this about 5 times.
Merge down to one layer.
Copy a blurred image to the clip board.
Run clipwarp on the distorted lines layer to give them a metallic look.
Then lots of messing around with shadow layers and some more distortion with 'squirklewarp','shape3D' and 'liquify'.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Don't give up Red Ochre.  You need to add this before your direct link..... and change round brackets to square.  I just updated my Gallery to Imgur and the thumbs are working well.

(thumb]directlink[/thumb)

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Yeah, I got mine working, and if I can do it anyone can. :P

There's an icon at the top of the reply window between eraser and font, if you click it you get special BBcodes and thumbnail is one of them. I like that because I don't have to worry about spelling. :blank:

Thanks for the encouragement Pixey and Blackpenny.

Your gallery is working well Pixey, but I notice that the images you link to are generally quite small. The problem with the thumb BBcode method is that it seems to take a very long time with larger images. I believe Pdnnoob uses the thumb tags method and it takes about 3 minutes for the thumbnails to load for me. I believe the full size image is sent to the forum and down-sized there, rather than the host just sending the smaller thumbnail. (but I know very little for certain).

I think I will probably stick with PB and my own eccentric method. If people want to see the just the full size image they must first click the thumbnail, then close the new browser page and click the link again. Not ideal - but I will get around to adding instructions at the top of the gallery next time I update.

By the way I noticed that imageshack forbid you to change their generated links - which is probably why they stopped you using the first method I decribed Pixey. I wonder what counts as changing the link? - could using BBcode 'thumb' tags be forbidden? (let's hope they don't realise!).

Blackpenny - I too complained to Photobucket and recieved exactly the same response email (word for word) apart from the operative (machine) called himself 'Andy' - how daft do these companies think we are?
I guess you get what you pay for - shame the hosting companies don't realise how much good will is worth. - We would all be recommending PB to people instead of advising against their 'service'.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

@Red Ochre - Actually I had made my images smaller - not Imgur's doing.  Here is one bigger FYI.  I may replace them slowly with larger sizes later.

@BP - thanks for the pointer on the special code button .... saves a lot of typing :smile:

http://i.imgur.com/ZChTNpM.jpg">http://i.imgur.com/ZChTNpM.jpg

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Oh, wow, excellent work with the reddish paint-looking image! To me, it looks like a science illustration. I would love to see something like that as a mural. 

The face looks like it's drawn on concrete. The line work makes it seem like it--like it's etched on the concrete. Really cool! The melted metal, well, you know that I love it. It's incredible!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Some nice new additions here Red Ochre, the red image is stunning, and to agree with Helen, the face looks like a concrete etching. Top works B)

BREtKQW.png

I love the tendrils because I also love the swarf (waste from lathes). A superb image that I could stare at all day.

You have such great ideas! The face one is really awesome too. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I like 'em too. The grid one reminds me of those shark cages - it's the first thing that came to mind. Nice colours in the dragon image, I like the grey sky too.

Ok Red,the new Dragon one is awesome,love it.     :)    Of course I said I loved the glass dragon too,but this one trumps that,lol.     ;)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

BBQ, Blackpenny and Skullbonz - Glad you're liking the new ones and many thanks for taking the time to make a comment - much appreciated! :)

I've finally given the gallery an overhaul - dumped photobucket because they're useless and moved to Imgur. Hopefully all working now - I hate organizing links! :roll::lol:

(included a few new/unseen ones and didn't bother with some older ones).

Thanks again

PdnForumSig2.jpg

@Daniels - thanks for the compliment.
I am a creator - but not 'The Creator' !   :lol:   - (besides that 'Clipwarp' would not exist without Null54's kind help).

@Helen - Thanks Helen you're always so encouraging, much appreciated :) . I think my greatest achievement so far is getting the damn links to work!  :lol:

PdnForumSig2.jpg