Red ochre's diabolical drawings - update 13th Feb 2022 (last page)

Red ochre

Wizard - I think we all wish we had a bit of magic in our work and you certainly did with this one.

Love all the little detail. <3

Wonderful...

Congrats on the Galleria entry.

Greenman - I think I may have known him ages ago.

Edited by doughty

SloppySig.png

• 3 weeks later...

Helen - you're always so encouraging - very much appreciated. I definitely prefer pencil on paper - even for these latest ones I had to plan the basic knots on paper before tracing over them with the line tool.

Drew - thanks mate - (latest ones all use clipwarp - I'm addicted too!).

BBQ - thanks again - well done getting your gallery links sorted too - what a chore that is!

Doughty - many thanks :)

Four new ones on page one.

Experiments with knots and some playing with Yellowman's Youtube tutorial (I highly recommend them).

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDNing/videos

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a wee while since I've looked in on the forums so a belated congratulations on the Galleria entry.Excellent piece well deserved.

The sheen and textures in the knot pieces are cool they would make excellent jewelry.Yellowman's PDNing videos are the best (IMHO). I always keep them handy. I've just noticed the date on your last entry,looks like i'm first for a change.Anyway cool interesting work keep it coming.

• Upvote 1

Hello Dug - thanks,
Great to see you back on the Forums - looking forward to seeing some new works in your gallery. Always fresh ideas skillfully created - very inspiring!

Thanks for commenting on the latest ones ... I assume the others are sending me to Coventry for the crime of writing complicated plugins :lol:

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

This one

How did you do it?

I can see the bevel object for the tops of all the objects, but don't tell me you used trail for each object individually...and how did you shade everything?

I was trying to do something similar for my SOTW entry, but I kept running into problems with the shading.

BTW, I was going to use bevel object for that, but I didn't have the time to let it render a preview every time I changed something. Last time I used bevel object, it took me a full half hour to get the settings where I wanted them :00:

EDIT: I meant to tell you this a long time back, but that bevel object plugin has been quite nice :) I used it on the tail of that dragon I made...saved me countless hours even if it did take a half hour to get right!

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 10 months later...

Ok.Now I see why you call them diabolical drawings.Whats in that brain when you do your work man?!Not only that but the quality itself is top notch.Much of it looks complicated.I do a lot of space art because to tell you the truth,I find it much more simple to do.Space art is almost like cheating in itself.So simple but yet big results.At least imo.Of course for others,maybe space art is hard.I dont know.I have been trying to branch out though.Slowly.The stuff you do(and many others here actually)Im not sure if i could pull off. Awesome stuff to look at.I have never hallucinated before but if I ever did,I'd come here.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Johnnysdream - I use Pdn to experiment with ideas that would take forever using real-world paint! ;)

To all that responded - nearly a year ago - I apologise for not thanking you earlier. I was pretty disillusioned with the forum at that time due to the attitude of a certain person and thought by abandoning this thread things would improve.
That situation is resolved now.
I may post some new ones now and again - sometimes to show early results from effects I'm working on and sometimes because I have just discovered a technique or something I find interesting and would like to see what other eyes & minds make of it!

• Upvote 1

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Red, by the way, I was kind of hoping (hoping really badly, actually) that you'll be posting more drawings of yours. 

We really need to see more of your work. :)

Totally agree with @Helen :D

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks for the encouragement Helen and Pixey. ;)

I will update with some 'proper' drawings at sometime - here's a teaser of the plugin I'm currently working on!
(no drawing at all unless you count drawing with numbers).

http://i.imgur.com/Ki4UT07.png

• Upvote 1

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Your latest works, wow. What a treat! It's so gloomy here for the past week or so, so this was refreshing to see your creative and gorgeous works.

By the way, the plugin sort of reminded me of my hair when it's humid or raining. Yeah, frizzy hair. :D Nice job yet once again!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Yum, yum, yummy - such beautiful eye candy to feast my eyes upon.  Your results are always perfection and I'd give an eye tooth to know how you do them.  Keep up the great works B) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 months later...

johnnysdream, TR, Seerose, Sasha, BBQ, Helen, Pixey & Sand33p - thank you all for taking the time to comment. :)

It's been over a year since the last update to page one - so here are another 20 odd. Mostly experiments again - some textures, some abstracts and some clues as to the plugins I've been working on. I will be releasing another one very soon.

PdnForumSig2.jpg