Writing a word with different colors

like2innovate

While using a word, is there a way to write text using different colors within the same word ? When I attempt to change the color, it changes the color of the whole text. Thanks.

E.g. I want to write a word like this :

TEXT EFFECTS

Du

While using a word, is there a way to write text using different colors within the same word ? When I attempt to change the color, it changes the color of the whole text. Thanks.

E.g. I want to write a word like this :

TEXT EFFECTS

Write your word on a layer, and duplicate the layer as many times as there are colors.

Change the color of the word in each layer, and then go through each layer removing the letter which you do not require.

naturesig.png

Also, the "Alpha Mask" plugin would help. You could simply make a box behind the letter in a layer below the text, made of the color you would like to use. Use ctrl+a, ctrl+c, and go to the layer with the color box(es). Then run the plugin (on reverse mode). The original layer of text has to be black, but you can change it to whatever color you want through this process.

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

1. Write your text on a transparent layer.

2. Activate the Magic Wand tool :MagicWandTool: and hold down the shift key while selecting the area that is not part of the letters.

3. Invert the selection with Ctrl + I

4. Select the gradient tool and drag a gradient over the letters.

Step 4 is especially fun if you use the multicolor gradient plugin as careful use can color the characters individually.

• Upvote 1

Du

Write your word on a layer, and duplicate the layer as many times as there are colors.

Change the color of the word in each layer, and then go through each layer removing the letter which you do not require.

This seemed easy enough, but when I go to each layer I can't erase the letters...

Douglas

Oh. This shouldn't be in the tutorials section!

<moved to Paint.NET Discussion & Questions>

• Upvote 1

Oh. This shouldn't be in the tutorials section!

<moved to Paint.NET Discussion & Questions>

Aha! Now that it is in the right section, people like me looking to answer questions can find it right? :D
This seemed easy enough, but when I go to each layer I can't erase the letters...

For example:

Type "text" on a new layer in blue, then duplicate the layer and adjust the hue of the new layer so it is red.

Let's say you want the letter "e" and the second "t" to be blue. Since the top layer is red, you want to erase the red versions of those letters on the top layer so that the blue shows through.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

1. Write your text on a transparent layer.

2. Activate the Magic Wand tool :MagicWandTool: and hold down the shift key while selecting the area that is not part of the letters.

3. Invert the selection with Ctrl + I

4. Select the gradient tool and drag a gradient over the letters.

Step 4 is especially fun if you use the multicolor gradient plugin as careful use can color the characters individually.

Nice. This worked great (in my opinion of course):

MCG.png

Of course with the text still selected I applied the Bevel edges to it.

Thanks EER, it's a great plugin that I wasn't aware of!

Nice. This worked great (in my opinion of course):

<snip>

Thanks EER, it's a great plugin that I wasn't aware of!

You're welcome Jim. Nice job on the coloring too!