How can I move a line that I just created

Hi,

I created a line, and I want to move that line.

When I press on the move selected pixels, it moves the whole section and the move button does not move the line.

How can I move a line that I created?

Thanks!!

Amit

after you deselect the line it is merged with the image. If you wish to move it later without affecting the rest of the picture, you have to put it on its own layer.

EDIT: bah. ninja'd lol

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Not once the line is committed to the canvas. Once this has happened, the line ceases to be anything but a number of colored pixels. In order to move it you need to select the line in some way, or move the whole layer.

You can see now the merit of having the line on it's own layer. It make moving, resizing and rotating so much easier if you can apply the transformation to an entire layer, without affecting any other elements.

Layers are your friends. Don't avoid using them...ever. That's like dumping your fiance the day before your marriage.

Ok is isn't that serious, but you get the point :P

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo