Need a lot of simple textures...

All i'm looking is some way to get really simple looking textures, so I can use Effects->Artistic->Texturize on Paint.NET. I'm trying to create my own desktop wallpaper and I don't want it to have any real picture just some interesting looking texture that would be pleasant for the eye.

Anyways, it's surprisingly hard to find something as simple as this. Maybe it's too simple? I'm not that great with picture editing and I want to skip the part where I create the texture(s) myself. (Technically I'll be making the texture myself, but I need a starting point to get going. I don't want to start out of nothing.) So are there sites or forum threads anywhere where I could DL some really simple or not so simple textures? When I try to google or youtube about it, all I find is thousands of minecraft messages, which i'm not interested in.

Hopefully someone can help me with this. Thanks.

Edited by Oho

Hi Oho, welcome to the forum.

Your questuion is not a tutorial. So it does not belong in the tutorial section of the forum. I'll move it to the correct area for you.

<moved to Paint.NET Discussion & questions>

You managed to find the Tutorials > Textures section of the forum. Is there nothing there that gave you inspiration?

How about this tutorial? http://forums.getpai...ect-by-request/

Hello and sorry about the wrong forum. Ty Minners, I'll try it with google. Yes Ega Eram, there were lot's of interesting things there like the bubble effect for example, but I'm looking for way simpler textures atm :). The aurora thing is cool too, but i'm after even simpler things atm.

Yes that 'texture wallpapers' on google images is great! I never got the wording right to search them. Anyways isn't it little bit dangerous to get stuff straight from google like that, viruses & spywares?

Edited by Oho

For some easy textures, you can't go past the Clouds effect + a little distortion.

1. Set the Primary color to a nice pastel green, and the secondary color to a light blue.

2. Now go to Effects > Render > clouds and play with that effect until you get something nice. I generally use a high Roughness setting.

3. Now try Effects > Distort > Frosted Glass or Dents or Crystalize (my favorite!)

yhsjjie-47.png

Yes it is. The points are very small though. Using Clouds you get to more irregular shapes with a larger mass of 'like' pixels clumped together.