Is paint.net similar to Microsoft's Photodraw

Hello.....I am a novice to photo and graphics editing. I used to use Microsoft PhotoDraw which was very simple to use. I could retouch photos and also create graphic images for fliers for my child's elementary school. However, after switching to Windows Vista, Microsoft PhotoDraw crashes all the time. Hence I am looking for a photo/graphics editor for someone like me who is not planing to become a professional. I just like to use it for fun.

Those who remembered and has used PhotoDraw in the past......can you tell me if paint.net is similar to PhotoDraw. If not, would you know a product that would be a close match for my novice skill level. Thanks!

Paint.NET is extremely powerful, but also quite intuitive. There is extensive online documentation (press F1 in Paint.NET) and this wonderful forum filled with tutorials, sage advice, artwork and of course devotees who will try to help you at no cost.

Considering that you get all this and the software for free (donations are welcome and encouraged!) - why not dive in and install a copy of Paint.NET?

Sorry I have no experience with PhotoDraw so cannot give you a comparison.

• 1 month later...

Paint.NET is extremely powerful, but also quite intuitive. There is extensive online documentation (press F1 in Paint.NET) and this wonderful forum filled with tutorials, sage advice, artwork and of course devotees who will try to help you at no cost.

Considering that you get all this and the software for free (donations are welcome and encouraged!) - why not dive in and install a copy of Paint.NET?

Sorry I have no experience with PhotoDraw so cannot give you a comparison.

Most definitely. After 1 hour of tutorials on Youtube in addition, I was able to make silly pic shops and alterations that I never thought I could do. In time, a project that used to take 40 minutes or longer at the beginning, one can make within 10-15 minutes once you get the hang of it.