Tutorial request or search: Website graphics

Hi I have been wondering about how to make website graphics similar to this (' http://www.fslive.eu/img/headbg.png ') I love the style and all that but haven't a clue how to make it. Also I have tried youtube and google and neither came up with any tutorials on it, i even tried searching on google website graphics site:http://forums.getpaint.net and that didn't work. But anyway, I would just love the help, and when I'm done with finding out how I'll edit this post with a link to were and the final product. Both website and graphic thingy.

Signature to be here if i were to put a signtaure here but to put a signature would defy the point of me typing this, so I'm going to leave this here until I can put a signature here because I need a signature here.

If you are

Reading This

then I lol because

It doesn't

Lead

Anywhere

I clicked on your link and all it showed was a little rectangular image with a black/white gradient.

This place is full of tutorials which will enable you to design whatever you want regardless of how complicated it looks... with practice and patience!

Cheers,

V

naturesig.png

You've linked to a specific image. The website uses that image to create a the banner by repeating it across the width of the page (using CSS).

The image itself is simply a gradient filled block. To create something similar:

1. Create an image roughly the same dimensions.

2. Choose your top and bottom colors as the Primary and Secondary colors (in the color window).

3. Select the gradient tool :GradientTool: and select the Linear gradient type from the toolbar.

4. Drag a vertical gradient down the image. Holding Shift down as you drag will help keep the gradient absolutely vertical (actually shift constrains the gradient to 15 degree angles).

more on the Gradient tool >> http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/GradientTool.html

Thanks so much for the help and appreciate it :) I just didn't know what it was because it looked like a gradient but with something like noise over the top for exture, but I guess not. Thanks :D

[Edit:]

I had a go myself and also add a little shdow at the bottom, which i found didn't blend too well so i added a semi transparent black line just above it :D

I hope this leeds to te correct place

Edited by delvindi

Signature to be here if i were to put a signtaure here but to put a signature would defy the point of me typing this, so I'm going to leave this here until I can put a signature here because I need a signature here.

If you are

Reading This

then I lol because

It doesn't

Lead

Anywhere

Looks like you managed it fine. How does it look on your web page?

Heres a screenshot of the homepage :D, i'm well chuffed with it and it has taken me all week to make, ill see if i can also attach an image of the nav on :hover.

:D

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.219709864796047.34632.100002711052343&type=3&l=99a76d1a7e

I think this is shareable :/ Report to me if it isn't XD

If you are

Reading This

then I lol because

It doesn't

Lead

Anywhere

Sorted it their on here now :D (Edit: sorry for the double post :( )

380336_219710028129364_100002711052343_287605_778521339_n.jpg

562074_219710524795981_100002711052343_287606_1955620139_n.jpg

Edited by delvindi

If you are

Reading This

then I lol because

It doesn't

Lead

Anywhere

Nice choice of palette! Shame you can't make the ads conform :lol:

yeah i have no clue about ad creation, those are just quick things i made. Do you like the delvindi logo at the top post? i love it, esp the paint with the scratched steel effect. I made that with gradient bars overlays and that sorta stuff. :D are there any tuts on how to make an asweome banner?

If you are

Reading This

then I lol because

It doesn't

Lead

Anywhere