[Added finished version of "Steampunk Guy"] Sacre's Stuff ~ A Wanna-be Indie Game Developer's Showcase

Sacre

Hello everyone.

I've been using Paint.NET for about 2½ year, but I've only just recently registered on the forums, and I decided to share some of my personal favorites with all of you guys. Hope you'll like it. :)

I am currently working on a game which I draw basically.. well, everything for. Therefore most of my stuff here will be smaller images than what may normally be shown here. I don't know to be honest.

nfrNO.png

9TQA0.png

ljXZE.png

Ktdop.png

CNbla.png

hfvg7.png

Will probably post more as I make them, or find old ones I think are worth sharing.

Criticism and comments are welcome.

Edited by Sacre
  • Upvote 2

These are actually really impressive. You pay a lot of attention to detail and, for the most part, the perspective is right on. I am actually really interested in the final product now...hope you get it done soon! :D

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I can only agree with those who responded before me, impressive, would you like to create a tutorial of one of these things? I think I may speak for the others, that we would love to see how you created them

Okay, a tiny update. :)

f0cJr.png

0gk2h.png

NSEAq.png

ErsVu.png

Really appreciate the positive comments so far, guys. That's what keeps me going.

Criticism is welcome, as always.

Note: I know the blunderbuss's "neck" is slightly out of perspective, and I am gonna fix it.

Edited by Sacre

Nice work once again! Aside from the bent gun, the only thing bothering me is how sharp the black outline is around the flower. If the flower were dark-colored, it wouldn't be a problem. Since it is bright, however, you should probably try to make the outline blend better with the flower.

Speaking of edges, I noticed some of the edges are pixelated while others are smooth. Is there a technical reason for this, or can I tell you to use the basic anti-alias plugin on the pixelated edges? :)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I know about the flower, yea. :P

I fixed it before I gave it to my fellow developer, so in the game it won't have those jagged outlines.

As for the sharp/smooth edges mixing and differing here and there..

That's mostly me being lazy. If I feel like just using the eraser to clean up I do that, sometimes the sharp edges come from removing a background around the image with a the flood tool.

• 6 months later...

Been a while since I posted anything, so I figured I'd go ahead and throw a few more things in here.

t1YPi.png

Some more stuff for the game I am working on, as well as a two random half-finished scribbles I liked.

Enjoy, please tell me what you like and what could be better.

• 2 months later...

Been a while, everyone.

Been working on more stuff over the past few months:

ZRftvAs.png

These are a few of the things I've made, but most of it is concept art for the game and such, I don't know if what's worth posting here. These were some things I drew for fun. (except the backpack-furnace-thingie, that's the game's GUI).

I haven't written a tutorial yet because I honestly don't know how to start on it. I'm horrible at explaining things properly.

• Upvote 1

Gosh - I'm so sorry that I missed your work before.  It's simply outstanding!  Such perfect images and I love the chap called 'Blunderbuss' - he's so cute :smile: .  And ..... the latest postings are phenominal too ......  I adore the punk school stuff.  Also, even tho' I'm not a fan of guns, the guns are very well drawn and the other image, some kind of 'projectile' ? is wonderful.  Yes, I would love a tute from you as well <3 .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.

Currently working on this:

6dWaFJ8.png

Will most likely have a finished design version done tomorrow. I could use a few ideas on what his "pants" should look like, tho.

Like Dug said, your images have a steampunk feel esp the guy above. Maybe some knight-like knees, buckles similar to what you have for the top part?

I'd love a tute too. As Welshy said, it would be an asset to the community. As for the writing, I for one would help you & I am pretty sure that others would too. Much of it is screen shots of setting, placement & how it should look after running a plugin. Yellowman does great video tutes. That may be an option. You could always PM him & ask how he does it?

Lovely, lovely works here!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012