Eventlog : .NET Runtime optimization Error 1101

JLUC

Hi all,

I'm new on the forum, but I used paint.net for a while ; it's a realy nice tool.

I'm now looking to deploy paint.net by script (not GPO, I'm using another tool : WPKG).

I had build a test environnement with fresh WinXP, WinXP-64 and Win7-64, and I'm testing paint.net on it.

Each computer is update (trought WSUS), and .Net framwork 2.0-SP2, 3.0-SP2, 3.5-SP1 and 4.0 are installed.

I've made the msi deployment package with the following command :

Paint.NET.3.5.10.Install.exe /createmsi CHECKFORUPDATES=0 CHECKFORBETAS=0 JPGPNGBMPEDITOR=1 TGAEDITOR=1 ALLUSERS=1 DESKTOPSHORTCUT=1

The package (x86 for WinXP, x64 for WinX-P64 and Win7-64) are deployed with this msiexec command :

msiexec.exe /i paintmsifile.msi /quiet /norestart

Paint.NET is running well on each computer, but I've an error in the evenet log concerning a paint.net file :

.NET Runtime Optimization error 1101

--- Win XP ---

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32) - Failed to compile C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.dll because this image is not a valid Win32 application.

--- Win XP 64 ---

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64) - Failed to compile C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x86.dll because of the following error:  is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1).

--- Win 7 64 ---

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64) - Failed to compile C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x86.dll because of the following error:  n’est pas une application Win32 valide. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1).

Because there is an x64 error on x86 computer and x86 error on x64 ones, I check files : there is x86 and x64 "PaintDotNet.Native.x--.dll" files on each computer. Could it be the problem ?

As I say before, Paint.Net is running well, but I don't want to deploy a tool if the installer is not perfect.

I didn't found any clear answer of this problem in the FAQ, the Forum or with google. Sorry if I miss somthing.

For sure I use the last version : 3.5.10

Manyt thanks to who can help me :)