Forum makeover

Thanks Yellowman. I don`t think add ons slow the browser down as long as you don`t go mad. I just have a select few - most of which enhance the browser`s security and get rid of the ads ( Adblock, No Script and WOT ). No Squint is the only one installed that is not security related. I don`t think they slow down FF much, if at all . Obviously the more you add the slower it will get but these few make little difference. Adblock can actually help to keep the browser nippy as it stops the ads from loading .

Just to test out the `paste' button I will add the link anyway. ;)

https://addons.mozil...latform=windows

Sorted!

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Our host just moved our forum to a faster server. Hopefully things are smoother now.

Is that why I was getting an error telling me to clear my cache?

Hmm. I don't like change :/

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

I like some of the new features. but it annoys me that everything is so big. For example, the area a single post covers is unnecessarily big, it takes up the entire screen. I don't subscribe to the idea that everything on a webpage should fit into a single screen, but it's slightly frustrating nonetheless.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I tried getting rid of the "Warning Points" under my avatar, but I can't find how to. (Makes me feel as if I'm being haunted by my second grade teacher.)

Actually, I kinda like seeing "0 warning points" under my avatar...

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Helen, I feel the same way about the warning points. And I thought I was the only one on this forum that had it. Duh.

Kemaru, my finger gets a cramp sometimes trying to scroll through a lot of posts,

yes, and I thought the posting area was large before the move.

SloppySig.png

If the text is too large, you can press Ctrl - or use Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Down to reduce the scaling in your browser.

This is hardly a perfect solution since it makes all of your web browsing run at a smaller scale, but it's worth a shot.

And then you can press Ctrl + to increase the scale. Ctrl 0 will reset to 100%/default scaling.

All the browsers I know of implement this the same way.

Edit: wow, the forum looks a lot better if you view it at 1 notch down in scale

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I use the cheat sheet:

I'm not sure it is 100% up to date with the recent forum upgrade - but it is kinda useful.

Hey Rubrica - welcome back! :mrviolet:

Isn't Pyrochild just awesome to have on our side?

Isn't Pyrochild just awesome to have on our side?

It's much better than it he were against us! :D oh wait...<takes off socks>

I've really adjusted quickly to this theme. So many things are suddenly so much more convenient than before. I love the little "topic preview" button especially, but the bar across the top with the mailbox, notifications, and profile settings is much improved as well. To be quite honest, I hardly remember how the old theme looked anymore...

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I still get a box popping up saying the forum `cannot access my clipboard because of my browser security settings' whenever I try to paste into a post. I know it`s only one extra click with the mouse on the OK button once the text is pasted but it would be nice if it was possible to just paste as nornal .

I also noticed the instuction in the box says to use Ctrl/Cmd+V - a Mac shortcut as Windows machines don`t have Cmd! And lets face it, this forum is for a piece of software built only for Windows OS`s.

I also noticed the instuction in the box says to use Ctrl/Cmd+V - a Mac shortcut as Windows machines don`t have Cmd! And lets face it, this forum is for a piece of software built only for Windows OS`s.

It means Ctrl+V or Cmd+V.

Pasting works fine for me (Chrome on W7). Have you tried using the context-menu rather than the shortcut?

KaHuc.png

It means Ctrl+V or Cmd+V.

Pasting works fine for me (Chrome on W7). Have you tried using the context-menu rather than the shortcut?

Of course. Silly me for not reading properly. Sorry.

I did try the context menu before but the paste option never showed so I had to use the paste box instead but I`ve just tried cutting and pasting in this post and right clicking worked perfectly. Strange.

Rick you are the last person I would expect to be using a Mac! Nothing against Mac`s in particular it`s just the association this program has with Windows means I never considered it. But I suppose you could still use PDN on a Mac using Boot Camp to install Win7 so I shouldn`t be too surprised really.

Well as it turns out I only really use it as an expensive netbook. It really only runs Firefox and the auto-updater.

And as someone who works on UI a lot, it's useful to see how other systems do things. That's the main reason I bought it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hi! So, loving the new forum style and everything, except there's one slight problem.

I used to be Rubrica, but I've been forced to use a new account for this post. Why? Well, I logged on on my iPad one morning and thought, what with the lovely minimalistic aesthetic of the new theme, I had switched to a mobile theme for the forum. I wanted to use my old theme still, however, and so I switched to that. Now, every time I load a forum page logged in as Rubrica, I just get an error message, making the site unusable on my iPad, as I can't log out without deleting al of my cookies or spending ages searching for the entry specific to the forums. Is there any chance this could be fixed, please? Otherwise I can't use my account. Thanks.

Other than that, the new look is great!

I had the same thing happen to me Rubrica, but i solved it by opening paint.net, going to, options, and sending a "bug report" email to Rick about my problem and he fixed it for me.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

I had the same thing happen to me Rubrica, but i solved it by opening paint.net, going to, options, and sending a "bug report" email to Rick about my problem and he fixed it for me.

Unless he's replied to you, I doubt Rick has even read your email. I'm not saying that to be rude, just that he probably gets a lot of email.

The problem was fixed by resetting everyone's theme to the (new) default.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!