Gallery of the Noob

pdnnoob

• 1 month later...

<new sig and wallpaper>

I might switch to this sig to match my avatar...we'll see.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Signature: That glass... I like it. As well as the sphere. :]

Minimalistic background: I searched what 'minimalistic' meant. It refreshed my memory about art movements I studied at college. Neat outcome! :]

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

Your new matching sig is great! It reminds me of acrylic cut out sheets. Very nicely done!

For me the star of the show is the butterfly image. I can see this image on all sorts of textiles from shopping bags to cushions, clothing & even rugs. Definitely needs to be added to the Galleria!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

<new tutorial/pixel art>

I decided I wanted to do some pixel art and write a tutorial. So I did both. Have fun!

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

<new spacescape>

Fractal rendered in Apophysis 7x.

Looks good to me! I really like how you have captured the reflection/bright bit from the flares on the planet. Good onya.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@barbie Thanks! The glow was actually a side effect of reusing a planet that had different lighting, but I'm glad it worked out ^^

@Helen The font is here for free for future reference :)

@welshie Ironically, the soda can was partially inspired by your sig... :lol:

@Beta0 Don't be drinking cola for thirst-quenching, though. You'll make yourself thirstier!

@dug Good luck indeed :00: After looking at YM's entry, I think my best bet is to go for second!

@barbie Thanks! The glow was actually a side effect of reusing a planet that had different lighting, but I'm glad it worked out ^^@Helen The font is here for free for future reference :)@welshie Ironically, the soda can was partially inspired by your sig... :lol:@Beta0 Don't be drinking cola for thirst-quenching, though. You'll make yourself thirstier!@dug Good luck indeed :00: After looking at YM's entry, I think my best bet is to go for second!

Okay. :]

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

<new entry--"gooey green guy">

I followed a photoshop tutorial for most of this one. Many thanks for the liquify plugin, pyro!

Looks good! - shadow and slight reflection on desk work well.
The desk will reflect some of the green of the blob - perhaps the green blob should reflect a little of the desk color too?
Just a thought - meant positively.

And the liquify plugin is brilliant.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

@RedOchre Good catch! There is some reflection of the table on the guy, but while I was messing with the blend mode, it lost its color and I forgot to add color back in. I'll work on making adjustments.

@daniels Thanks! There wasn't a whole lot of painting involved, so it worked out well :)

@YM The reflections have been there the whole time. They just need a little color is all.

A vote from you means a whole lot to me. Thank you!

pdnnoob,

It really wasn't meant as 'nasty' critisism. If I didn't like the image I wouldn't have commented!
I just think the very lowest parts of the 'toes' would reflect a little of the table colour - this would help join it to the background scene. I only noticed this because the other reflections and shadows are so well done! ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Wow!  You have certainly done some amazing things since I last visited.  Your avatar is superb (avvie of the year perhaps?)  Green gooey guy is sooooo cute.

Keep up the great work and the soda can is tops thumbsup.gif  

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.