Sign in to follow this  
W@@dy

Middle Mouse Click as Eye Dropper

Similar to how Minecraft allows you to select the block your cursor is over via middle mouse click,

wouldn't it be intuitive to make the eye dropper/color selector bound to the middle mouse button?

As far as I can tell, a middle mouse click does nothing in PDN right now and when I tested to see if this feature was already implemented, it just felt right to me.

So I say follow in Notch's footsteps with the middle mouse button, afterall he himself advocated PDN on his blog for creating games :lol:

Sounds reasonable to me, actually. However, to retain consistency, I would make it match the clone stamp tool and turn ctrl+click into the eyedropper...

Well, middle click does have one use currently. You can use it to close an image by middle-clicking on the image thumbnail at the top.

Well, middle click does have one use currently. You can use it to close an image by middle-clicking on the image thumbnail at the top.

Ooooh that's nice to know :D

I noticed that it did the little "click animation" whenever I pressed it, but I never saw it do anything no matter where I clicked. I didn't think of the thumbnail though :P