Recall Adjustments/Effects Dialog Location

The adjustments and effects dialogs always open right in the middle of the Paint.Net screen - in other words, right over the center of your paint object (photo, etc.). It is the last place anyone should want it to appear. I always have to drag it out of the way before I can use the effect (otherwise, you can't see what the effect is doing).

Can this be fixed in one or another?

Example A: Make all such dialogs open at the right-most side of the Paint window by default (or left, etc.).

Example B: Have Paint.net remember the last position of any dialog box - and apply it for ALL effects/adjustments dialogs that open subsequent to that. This is my favorite option even if Paint.net won't keep the position after it closes. Moving the first dialog box of a new session once is no big deal as long as Paint.net will remember it per session.

Ketchup Kid

The adjustments and effects dialogs always open right in the middle of the Paint.Net screen - in other words, right over the center of your paint object (photo, etc.). It is the last place anyone should want it to appear. I always have to drag it out of the way before I can use the effect (otherwise, you can't see what the effect is doing).

Can this be fixed in one or another?

Example A: Make all such dialogs open at the right-most side of the Paint window by default (or left, etc.).

Example B: Have Paint.net remember the last position of any dialog box - and apply it for ALL effects/adjustments dialogs that open subsequent to that. This is my favorite option even if Paint.net won't keep the position after it closes. Moving the first dialog box of a new session once is no big deal as long as Paint.net will remember it per session.

I like the second example. It would be a convenient feature, though I actually like having pop up in the center of the screen. :P

Oft requested but the answer is still not at this time.

You'll have to put up with manually moving the dialog as there is currently no way to define a default location for them.

Sorry. Perhaps v4.0...?

Oft requested but the answer is still not at this time.

You'll have to put up with manually moving the dialog as there is currently no way to define a default location for them.

Sorry. Perhaps v4.0...?

Having the center of the screen as default is fine. Just make it remember the dialog position within each session. Thanks for listening. Great application!

Ketchup Kid

I'm not the Developer, that's Rick Brewster. He is aware of the request - as I said it has been raised before.