Pixey's Gallery ~ Merry Christmas 2023 everyone.

Pixey

@Dear Pixey! " latest Portrait" this is so beautiful.  lfmdh6l7.png  Thank yo.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you SO much Helen, Seerose, Dryda and Max.  Thanks for stopping by to comment.  It's all @AFG's fault as he got me started on painting portraits.  Wonder where he is?  Miss him :( .

making%20the%20hugafter%20resizing_zpspi

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you SO much Helen, Seerose, Dryda and Max.  Thanks for stopping by to comment.  It's all @AFG's fault as he got me started on painting portraits.  Wonder where he is?  Miss him :( .

making%20the%20hugafter%20resizing_zpspi

blowing_kisses-2723.gif

Pixey, you are too much of an artist! JC_faint.gifSomeone should name a street after you! LaieA_048.gif

@Dear Pixey! 5qg9j4ux.gif  tkcb3dft.gif Thank you.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 2 weeks later...

Pixey, Angelina is another masterpiece. I bet she wishes she could look that good now. :D Such a lot of detail & shading you have put into this one too.

Congratulations on the Galleria entry too. 

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so very much @Johnny, @Max, @Seerose, @BBQ and @Skully for the kind words on the Angie portrait.

And now for something a little different .............. an Ode to @Ash who did this sort of thing so well.

Final%20Chrome%20Gem_zpsbgvdrbce.png

• Upvote 4

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The chrome is super! It is just begging the viewer to touch the cool smooth metal. 

One thing I learnt from the jewel master Peter Pawn, is to put some shadow between the layers to give it an even more 3D effect esp, where the main gem sits. 

You've done such an incredible job with the chrome & the colours are really pretty. The tiny sparkle add to the whole effect. It'd make a perfect ring or pendant :D Well done!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Oh... my God! Pixey, very pretty presentation. What a creative piece. Thank you. tch5lrvq.gif

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks so much @Helen, @Max and @Seerose for your positive comments :) .

@BBQ - Yes, I do recall @PP's great advice on making a shadow between the jewel layer.  I did try it but, as my jewel layers were in different layer modes, it didn't seem to 'take'.

@Gooney - thank you so much and here is a ruby for you WITH diamonds (see........... your tute is really usueful)

th_Gem%20for%20Gooney_zpsdbbdgj1p.png

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

Yes, that is a problem with the layer blend modes. I have tried also duplicating the layer running a drop shading but selecting not to keep original image. I deselect everything but what I want to merge down, flatten rather than merge, copy to clip board & then undo to before the flatten. 

I can see that a lot was lost doing the drop shadow too. The diamonds around the edge are really pretty :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

Lots of great portrait work being getting done   ;)

free-jumping-smileys-449.gif  AFG dropped in!

Thank you so much.  Great to hear from you (think of you often) as you are the sole reason I managed to get into painting portraits. 

Nice work Pixey. I think you should call it a silver gem. After all, silver is more valuable and very classy - like your work. ;)

Why thank you @Gooney - much appreciated.  I was looking out for you over here during the TT Races ........ was sure you'd be zooming about with the rest of those crazy guys on their motor bikes. I can't watch the races - too scary :lol: .

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 months later...

Thank you @Gooney and @Dryda for the great comments :D .

I seem to have jewelry on the mind ................... here's another:

Gold%20Medalion%20Final_zpsvhl5i1ir.png

Just in time for Christmas :P

• Upvote 7

30b8T8B.gif