Pixey's Gallery ~ Merry Christmas 2023 everyone.

Pixey

@Si Borg - thank you so much for those kind words :D .  Yes, those amazing people you mention (and a few more mentioned in my preamble) were my inspiration and, without a tutorial by a chap called @AFG - I would never have attempted to do a portrait. 

Just shows that if you try, persevere, get help from some of the very helpful people on this forum, do as many tutorials as you can, you will make hay in end.  (As you've found out ... judging by your steampunk entry).

And, finally ............. thank goodness for the Plugin developers on here who have created some very handy tools for us to use.

hug.gif

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Knowing how tedious pixel art is...color me impressed. That's pretty fantastic o-o

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thank you @pdnNoob - it took many hours to paint each frame.

@Toe - yes, I did get the "inspiration" for the owl from an animated work.  I get a lot of ideas from art on the web.  I did, however, paint every frame I used in a different colour (as you can see from the example) and it took hours.  I would never have copied and pasted someone else's work as you are suggesting.

TNj3wlN.png

mine

and my line up for animating it in Midora's Plugin:

ShfoLlm.png

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 4

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Toe - yes, I did get the "inspiration" for the owl from an animated work.  I get a lot of ideas from art on the web.  I did, however, paint every frame I used in a different colour (as you can see from the example) and it took hours.  I would never have copied and pasted someone else's work as you are suggesting.

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for explaining; it looked rather suspicious. ;)

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sooooo - I'm taking a break from Ultra Fractal 5 and am back to PDNing again.  It really does become part of one's life after so many years.  My latest Perfume Bottle:

Bling%20Perfume%20Bottle_zpsl4q0d512.png

• Upvote 7

30b8T8B.gif

@Helen - Thank you ...... we sure have that in common aka the bling and perfume bottles :D .

Thank you @BBQ - wot you said :) it rhymes beautifully - you are very poetic!

Hey @Dryda ....... thanks so much ;) .

Actually I was not sure which image to post ........ the one I did, or the first one without the third tier of bling.

th_2nd%20Final_zpscqwutwug.png

Like so many of you on here, I know it's always tough to decide on which one to post.

30b8T8B.gif

... and am back to PDNing again.  It really does become part of one's life after so many years. ...

This is a wonderful quality - devotion ( or loyalty, dedication - I don't know how it's right in English)

Like so many of you on here, I know it's always tough to decide on which one to post.

I say, post them all, Pixey! Really, your work is just beautiful!

Pixey, each of your work is a masterpiece, which pleasing the eyes. So I agree with Helen.

• Upvote 1

Very nice blingy bottle Pixey! I really like all the 'gold' work. Very intricate.    :)

• Upvote 1

Wow, Pixey! As usual very beatiful and detailed, looks like some really expensive perfume :D

• Upvote 1

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

@Helen and @ReMake - thank you so much :D .

@lynxster4 - so glad you like the gold work ...... I really have fun making it (as perhaps you can tell :)Thank you!

@Limon - you are so kind to drop by and comment ..... it's much appreciated. If I were to make the perfume, it would smell like musk and lillies B) .

@Maximilian - thanks a million Maximilian smileys-danke-877054.gif

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

That's a real complicated perfume bottle you got there.

Mind making a tutorial with a simpler version of the bottle design for us folks who would wanna try it?

And nice comeback too!

• Upvote 1

@lynxster4 - so glad you like the gold work ...... I really have fun making it (as perhaps you can tell :)Thank you!

Pixey...correct me if I'm wrong, but is the 'gold' work on your bottle a variation of barbieq's 'Making a jewel' tutorial? If it is, a very creative adaptation of that tut!    :mrviolet:

• Upvote 1

Sooooo - I'm taking a break from Ultra Fractal 5 and am back to PDNing again.  It really does become part of one's life after so many years.  My latest Perfume Bottle:

Dear Pixey! It smells good, and  great bottle  5x87p8pv.gif  So very beautifully done. I have a request: 

If possible can you write tutorial about it is?  l9li29tl.gif I want to learn to like it also. Thank you very much.

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Ishi & @Seerose - Thank you so much.  Yes, I would be very happy to make a tutorial based on this Bling Bottle - so, it's now in the pipeline :P .

@lynxster -  I used the premise of @BBQ's tute in using the "Circle Text Plugin" idea, but I used another method for making the gold - it is based on a tute by Sarkut (who is no longer around) which has lost all of it's pictures, but a method which works well for thicker lines.  Hopefully I will be able to 'insert' his XML file into the tute, to use with Gradient Mapping :/ .

• Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

Yes, Sarkut's method works very well on larger areas & different thicknesses whereas the method I use works well on areas that are thinner & more uniform in thickness.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012