Pixey

Pixey's Gallery ~Babushka Cats~

Nice work on the Sands of Time.  Glass, though, need more transparency.

PS...good to see old Aguba's 3D tutorial being used again.

Edited by TrevorOutlaw
  • Like 1

I am a big fan of your work.  You do especially well creating glass bottles and applying glass effects to what started out as something simple, like your apples or the the way you did that egg.  

I use PDN to make the patterns I use for hand carving glass tabletops, cabinet fronts and window pieces.  Your 'gift of glassyness' is most impressive!

• Like 1

@TrevorOutlaw - many thanks for stopping by :D.  I will definitely try more transparency next time I make some glass ;)

Why thank you very much   @IronSkye for those very kind comments that are much appreciated <3  That is very interesting to hear how you use PDN to make patterns for carving glass tabletops, cabinets fonts and window pieces B)

This is the birth child of @lynxster4's tutorial on Variegated Text ............... but using a shape instead.

aRGexhT.png

Edited by Pixey
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

@Pixey While I don't usually wear jewelry, I do appreciate simple, yet elegant pieces. Like yours, for example. The string(?) is simple, and it helps the glassy heart stand out more. By the way, I like the colors of the jewel. (Or stone?) Fuchsia is one of my favorite colors. 😃

Note: Yep. I'm back... It's a long story. 8/

Thank you very much @LionsDragon.

Hi @Drydareelin thanks for visiting :) and I'm happy you like it.

@lynxster4 I'd have been very unhappy if you'd not liked it :lol: thanks a bunch, especially for the tutorial B)

Wow @Beta0 is back - nice to see you posting again and thank you for your comment :D

• Like 1

@Pixey, it looks like I've missed a few of your creations. They are all very well done! But I especially like the Hourglass. 

Very fitting for the time of year ... very accomplished and very glassy

Everything blends together extremely beautifully.

I seem to have flowers on the brain lately :)

A Paperweight.

KzH4JCb.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

@Pixeythe heart is especially good. :star: Lovely the way the light shines underneath it.

The paperweight is also fabulous work. Your flower theme is great - must be getting close to spring for you guys?

Beautiful paperweight @Pixey!   Can't wait to see those for real!   :D

1 hour ago, barbieq25 said:

must be getting close to spring for you guys?

Spring can't get here fast enough for me.  I'm in the northeast and it's been brutal...:(

@barbieq25 - thank you so much :).  Yes, Spring will soon be here.  This is the only time of the year I actually miss the Isle of Man as I had tulips, snow drops, peonies and daffodils in the garden.

@lynxster4 - so glad you like the paperweight, made partially using one of your fabbo tutorials :D 

@Woodsy - wonderful to see you on here (hope you feel better soon) and thank you for the lovely comments :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you very much @Seerose :D

Again ................. flowers on the brain.

zy8Yujy.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

@Pixey I love these flower-related works, especially the new one. Using cool colors (blue, green, cyan, purple) as a light-source looks odd but intriguing. Awesome! :]

• Like 1

Beautiful rose @Pixey  <3   Roses are my flower.  The coloring makes it look a bit surreal.  Lovely job!  :) 

• Like 1

Thanks so much @Beta0 I used the Gradient Mapping to get those colors :)

@lynxster4 - Many thanks.  Yes, the Gradient Mapping made it look kind of silky, so I let it be :lol: