Pixey's Gallery ~ Merry Christmas 2023 everyone.

Pixey

Okay, I'm not entirely sure why it took me so long to get around to your gallery, but I'm feeling like I've really missed out! You have some INCREDIBLE pieces on display here! All of your pieces are so strong, it's impossible for me to choose just one as my favorite. You have a wonderful style and flawless execution. I, for one, will definitely be keeping a close eye on your gallery from here on out.

@Dug - thanks so much - I really battled with the robot stuff.

@Red Beard - You are too kind to say all of that - much appreciated for sure.

@Skullboz - Hey, thank you - a lot!

And here is a quizz! Who do you think this is?

Hint: she's on this forum :)

th_BBQfinalresizedby25.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Pixey, what a wonderful portrait! I am stunned by the level of detail. The lipstick & the teeth are just spot on.

Even more kudos to you since the original is a tiny wee pic from my deviant art id.

A wonderful image, despite the subject :P Well done again Pixey & thank you for the lovely surprise & compliment.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Helen - thanks for the compliments on my drawing .... but, there's always room for some improvement .... I think it may be easier with a tablet, but I'm stuck on the mouse.

@Jim - it took me a couple of days to do BBQ. I begin from scratch (some people just paint over an image) and these are the steps I use:

StepstoportraitonBBQ.png

@BBQ - I am so glad you liked the portrait of yourself, and thank you for allowing me to use it in my Gallery. I thought it would be fun and glad you agreed :)

@Yellowman - thank you so much :)

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Helen - Interesting that you ask about the colouring. I learned to do portraits in the grey scale, but am now learning to do it in colour right away. I believe it's a matter of preference and artists use both ways. I'm doing one right now (a famous fellow :)) which I'll post when completed. I'm not sure which way I prefer :( .... yet!

30b8T8B.gif

@Drydareelin - Thank you so much for your comments.

@Welshy - Glad you liked my take on @BBQ :)

Now for a change - A Cool Fellow - I suddenly realised I'd not done a chap before now :( This time I made it right away into colour and I think I actually prefer this method.

th_ACOOLGuy.png

I used this photo for reference : LL Cool photo

30b8T8B.gif

Great job once again. You've certainly got the eye necessary to do all these wonderful pieces.

For whatever reason, in some portraits that I have done by hand (and where you would think that I would have better control), the finished pieces are somehow out of proportion, though they're still recognizeable. Maybe a face is a bit longer/shorter/wider than they should be. I never see any of these issues in your work.

Again, great work!

@Jim - Thanks once again for your kind words. I know I would not be able to get a face correct if I didn't use a "grid". Doing a face by hand would be a great challenge for me too.

@Helen - Thank you so much. Hubby too commented on the shirt as well :)

@RedBeard - You brought a big smile to my face with your comments. Thanks so much for your support, which is greatly appreciated.

@Ella - Thank you for commenting and stopping by to look - you are very kind.

@Welshy - Thanks a lot - so glad you liked it, as well as the T-shirt and eyes. Really appreciate your comments.

@dug - I'm really happy to read your lovely comments. You are a cool guy too.

And - not one of you said a jolly thing about his hair lol-003.gif.

30b8T8B.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I love cats, mousies (close to ratties) & this image is so cute. Above all it is a fantastically done image. Looks like a lot of work, great details. Love those cute whiskers.

Merry Christmas & a safe & very good coming year, my dear. <3

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you so much @Drydareelin, @Helen, @Welshy, @BBQ, @Yellowman and @Redbeard for your kind words on the Christmas Hat and the animals, and for your Christmas wishes too tree3_glitter.gif

30b8T8B.gif